ESAB Debuts its First Battery-Powered Welding Machine
The business unveiled the Renegade VOLT ™ 200i and more than a dozen other new products during its first-ever SparkWeek virtual event
NORTH BETHESDA, MD.--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) November 22, 2022 -- Today ESAB, part of ESAB Corporation (NYSE: ESAB), and a world leader in welding and cutting equipment and consumables, unveiled the industry-changing Renegade VOLT™ ES 200i Stick/TIG battery-powered welding system as it closed out SparkWeek, the brand’s week-long, virtual launch event highlighting new welding and fabrication products, automation and robotics solutions, and industry-shaping PPE.
Developed in conjunction with Stanley Black & Decker and powered by four DEWALT® FLEXVOLT® 12 Ah (amp-hour) batteries, the Renegade VOLT marks a crossroads for the welding industry, as ESAB establishes a new product category. For the first-time welders have a battery-powered welding machine which operates on interchangeable, rechargeable power tool batteries. The VOLT is a highly portable option for off-the-grid welding across key industries like maintenance and repair, construction, shipyard, rail, power generation, offshore and farm/agriculture. The product will be available for purchase in Q1 2023.
“ESAB has continuously brought new ideas to the market since the invention of the first coated welding electrode more than a century ago. With the Renegade VOLT, we have taken the idea of portability and supercharged it,” said Olivier Biebuyck, President, EMEA and Global Products, ESAB Corporation. “Up until now, welding jobs have only gone as far as the equipment could reach. Welders were stuck lugging around heavy leads, tripping over cables, and wondering what kind of power would be at the job site. Sometimes welders even spent more time on job set up and breakdown than welding. Today, ESAB eliminated those constraints and ushered in a new age. This is the age of true welding freedom. No cords and heavy leads, no time-consuming setup, no engines, or fuel.”
The VOLT launch capped off a string of new and re-imagined solutions from ESAB which were unveiled during SparkWeek. The company made more than 15 announcements between Monday, November 14 and Friday, November 18 via dynamic, live video premieres at ESAB.com/SparkWeek. The event page now features information about these new products and partnerships, including key specifications and availability information:
· Ruffian 150, ESAB’s all-new engine-driven welder
· Rogue EM and Rogue EMP, MIG and multi-process machines
· Rustler, a completely new ESAB line of compact MIG machines
· Renegade 1 Ph DC, powerful-yet-lightweight machine now in single-phase power
· Warrior EDGE CX System with RobustFeed Edge CX and Exeor torch, a next-generation pulse-MIG power source, feeder, and torch product family
· Sentinel A60, the next iteration of ESAB’s industry-leading automatic welding helmet
· Swarm A10, A20, and A30, affordable, performance driven welding helmet portfolio
· Vision T6, easy-to-use CNC cutting machine controller
· Marathon Pac Ultra, a new 1,100-lb. bulk welding wire drum package
· Cutmaster 30+, next-generation manual plasma cutter focused on power and portability
· Thermal Dynamics Automation UC Series, a high precision mechanized plasma system
· Victor Edge 2.0 Phase IV and HRF2400, gas regulator and a regulator/flowmeter combination
· Versotrac Cadet, a compact, efficient, and easy to use submerged arc welding (SAW) tractor
· InduSuite, advanced software that connects welding and cutting data, machinery, and processes across one platform
· PURUS, new and improved premium wire specially formulated to reduce post-weld cleaning
ESAB products are available globally for purchase through select distributors and retail locations. Visit ESAB.com to find a local distributor and learn more about the product portfolio.
ESAB is a world leader in fabrication technology. For more than 100 years ESAB has transformed industries built by fabricators, providing complete workflow solutions through our diverse portfolio of products from more than 40 of the most trusted brands in welding and cutting in the world. From industrial demands to repair and maintenance, innovators that shape the world, rely on ESAB’s portfolio. To learn more, visit ESAB.com.
About ESAB Corporation
ESAB Corporation (NYSE: ESAB) is a world leader in fabrication and gas control technology, providing our partners with advanced equipment, consumables, gas control equipment, robotics, and digital solutions which enable the everyday and extraordinary work that shapes our world. To learn more, visit ESABcorporation.com.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221118005574/en/
Vice President, Corporate Communications
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company.