Toshiba Releases Its First 200v Transistor Output Automotive Photocoupler
KAWASAKI, JAPAN--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) November 18, 2021 -- Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (“Toshiba”) has launched a high voltage transistor output automotive photocoupler, “TLX9188,” for isolated signal communication in automotive equipment, including electric mobility vehicles. Volume shipments start today.
TLX9188’s high voltage photo transistor delivers a collector-emitter voltage rating of 200V, 2.5 times higher than Toshiba’s current TLX9185A, a first for the company. By specifying maximum values for switching characteristics (turn-on time, turn-off time), the new photocoupler can be used as a unidirectional switch. It can also be used in feedback circuits of analog signals in 100V to 200V equipment, helping to reduce the cost of application circuits.
 For an automotive photocoupler
· Battery Management Systems: voltage monitoring, mechanical relay sticking detection, ground fault detection, etc.
· Feedback of analog signals, etc.
· High collector-emitter breakdown voltage: V(BR)CEO=200V (min)
· High current transfer ratio: IC/IF=100% (min), rank GB
· High isolation voltage: BVS=3750Vrms (min)
· Wide operating temperature rating range: Topr= -40 to 125°C
· AEC-Q101 qualified
· IATF 16949 certified
(To view the table, please visit https://bwnews.pr/3HAFtMn)
Follow the link below for more on the new product.
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s photocouplers.
Isolators/Solid State Relays (https://bit.ly/3qLVLfo)
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s automotive devices.
Automotive Devices (https://bit.ly/3wXDYD0)
To check availability of the new product at online distributors, please visit:
Buy Online (https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/semiconductor/where-to-buy/stockcheck.TLX9188.html)
Optoelectronic Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
About Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, a leading supplier of advanced semiconductor and storage solutions, draws on over half a century of experience and innovation to offer customers and business partners outstanding discrete semiconductors, system LSIs and HDD products.
The company's 22,000 employees around the world share a determination to maximize product value, and promote close collaboration with customers in the co-creation of value and new markets. With annual sales now surpassing 710-billion yen (US$6.5 billion), Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation looks forward to building and to contributing to a better future for people everywhere.
Find out more at https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/ap-en/top.html
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211117005019/en/
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation
Digital Marketing Department
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company. Learn more