ABLIC Launches the “S-5701 B Series” a TMR Sensor IC That Solves Reed Switch Limitations With Durable, Small and Long-life Features
Small magnetic sensor IC with a super-low operating current consumption of a mere 160nA and high magnetic sensitivity
TOKYO--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) March 31, 2021 -- ABLIC Inc. (President: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Minato-ku, Tokyo, hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched the “S-5701 B Series” surface mount TMR (Tunnel Magneto Resistance) sensor IC, a magnetic sensor IC with super-low current consumption, high magnetic sensitivity, long life and an operating current consumption of a mere 160nA.
The “S-5701 B Series” is a TMR sensor IC. However, unlike other MR sensor ICs such as Anisotropic Magneto Resistive (AMR) or Giant Magneto Resistive (GMR) sensor ICs, it features high sensitivity and super-low current consumption (160nA) making it an innovative product that solves the limitations of a conventional reed switch.
Reed Switch Limitations and the TMR Sensor IC Advantages that Solve Them
(To view the table, please visit https://bit.ly/3diNuYd)
ABLIC has now added a new product, the “S-5701 B Series,” a TMR sensor IC in a “Small, Smart and Simple” product lineup that detects horizontal magnetic fields allowing us to further broaden our customer base by proposing it to customers who are seeking a replacement for the reed switch.
Major Features of the S-5701 B Series
1. The IC’s average current consumption is 160nA when using a power supply voltage of 3.3V. About 1/6th of the current consumption of a regular AMR IC
2. Operating voltage range: 1.7 to 5.5V, operation temperature range -40 to 125°C and satisfies a wide operating environment
3. Employs a super-thin TSOT-23-3S package
4. High magnetic sensitivity BOP = 1.0mT products available
· A reed switch replacement
Examples of products using this IC
· Window open/close sensors, electronic keys, smoke detectors
· Gas meters, water meters, smart meters
S-5701 B Series Product Details
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/52400717/en
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company. Learn more