Q2, FY 2021 Results: Mytheresa Continues Strong Growth and Profitability
Increase in net sales of 32.9% year-over-year to €158.6 million and continued strong profitability in Q2, FY 2021 confirming Mytheresa as one of the leading curated digital platforms of luxury goods focusing on high-end luxury customers
Growth of active customers by 28.2% year-over-year to 569,000 (LTM) and a record high of first-time buyers (over 100,000 new customers) in Q2, FY 2021
Stable gross profit due to the clear focus on high-end luxury shoppers and commitment to full price business
MUNICH--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) March 02, 2021 -- MYT Netherlands Parent B.V. (NYSE:MYTE) (“Mytheresa” or the “Company”), the parent company of Mytheresa Group GmbH, today announced financial results for its fiscal second quarter ended December 31, 2020.
Michael Kliger, Chief Executive Officer of Mytheresa, said, “Even considering clear tailwinds by the COVID pandemic, the strong results of the second quarter of fiscal year 2021 confirm once more our strategy and unique business model: Mytheresa is about inspiration not aggregation. It is about an unrivaled, highly curated offering, a focus on high-end luxury customers, sophisticated technologies and a first-class in-house managed service experience.”
Kliger continued, “Our full commitment to acquire and retain the best customer base in the market creates a reinforcing cycle of outstanding brand relationships that feed a superior customer value proposition to generate strong customer economics, which allows us to stay true to our strategic focus. Therefore, we will continue to deliver growth as well as profitability.”
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SECOND QUARTER ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2020
· Net sales increase of 32.9% year-over-year to €158.6 million
· Active customer growth of 28.2% to 569,000
· Gross margin of 49.5%, a slight increase of 60 basis points year-over-year
· Adjusted EBITDA of €22.1 million, as compared to €12.9 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted EBITDA margin of 14.0%, as compared to 10.8% in the prior year period
· Operating income of €16.6 million, as compared to €7.3 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted operating income of €20.1 million, as compared to €10.9 million in the prior year period
· Net income of €15.7 million, as compared to €6.3 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted net income of €14.8 million, as compared to €6.4 million in the prior year period
· Successfully completed IPO in January 2021 to raise proceeds, net of underwriting discounts and before related expenses of approximately $344.2 million
FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2020
· Net sales increase of 30.4% year-over-year to €285.0 million
· Gross margin of 48.2%, a slight increase of 20 basis points year-over-year
· Adjusted EBITDA of €32.6 million, as compared to €17.2 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted EBITDA margin of 11.4%, as compared to 7.9% in the prior year period
· Operating income of €24.8 million, as compared to €8.9 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted Operating income of €28.5 million, as compared to €13.4 million in the prior year period.
· Net income of €25.4 million, as compared to €2.0 million in the prior year period
· Adjusted net income of €20.1 million, as compared to €10.0 million in the prior year period
RECENT BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS
· Maintained business continuity in all operations with focus on health and well-being of all Mytheresa employees as top priority since the pandemic started
· Record number of daily shipments, processing 11,000 parcels in just one day during Q2, FY 2021
· Record high of first time buyers (over 100,000 new customers) in Q2, FY 2021
· Further decreased customer acquisition costs
· Significant increase in customer satisfaction with a Net Promoter Score of 87% in Q2, FY 2021
· Continued expansion of the Mytheresa menswear business above expectations with net sales share surpassing 10% in December 2020
· Hosted digital events targeting top customers in collaboration with the designers of Khaite, Wardrobe NYC, Eera, selected influencers and a physical VIC event in Shanghai, China in December 2020
· Strong ongoing support of brand partners with the launch of exclusive capsule collections and pre-launches in collaboration with Valentino, Moncler, Dolce & Gabbana, Loewe, Christian Louboutin, Max Mara and many more
On January 25, 2021, Mytheresa successfully closed its initial public offering (“IPO”) of 17,994,117 American Depositary Shares (“ADSs”), representing 17,994,117 ordinary shares, including the full exercise by the underwriters of their option to purchase 2,347,058 additional ADSs, representing 2,347,058 ordinary shares, at a public offering price of $26.00 per ADS. The Company sold 14,233,823 ADSs in the offering and its sole shareholder sold 3,760,294 ADSs in the offering, including 586,764 ADSs sold by the Company and 1,760,294 ADSs sold by the sole shareholder pursuant to the exercise in full of the underwriters’ option to purchase additional ADSs. The IPO raised approximately $344.2 million, net of underwriting discounts and before related expenses.
On January 26, 2021, Mytheresa exercised the option to repay the Fixed Rate Shareholder Loans (principal plus outstanding interest) with parts of the proceeds of our IPO, which resulted in cash outflows of €170.0 million ($ 206.6 million). In addition, MGG and its subsidiaries fully repaid any borrowings under the revolving credit facilities.
For the full fiscal year ending June 30, 2021, some of the beneficial performance tailwinds from COVID may be expected to slow down in Q3 and especially in Q4 as stores reopen. Nevertheless, we expect strong results for the full fiscal year in line with long-term expectations of net sales growth of low to mid-twenties and stable Adjusted EBITDA margins:
· Net sales in the range of €565 million to €580 million, representing 26% to 29% growth
· Adjusted EBITDA in the range of €45 million to €48 million, representing 27% to 36% growth
· Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 8.0% to 8.3%
The foregoing forward-looking statements reflect Mytheresa’s expectations as of today's date. Given the number of risk factors, uncertainties and assumptions discussed below, actual results may differ materially. Mytheresa does not intend to update its forward-looking statements until its next quarterly results announcement, other than in publicly available statements.
CONFERENCE CALL AND WEBCAST INFORMATION
Mytheresa will host a conference call to discuss its second quarter fiscal 2021 financial results on February 25, 2021 at 8:00am Eastern Time. Those wishing to participate via webcast should access the call through Mytheresa’s Investor Relations website at https://investors.mytheresa.com. Those wishing to participate via the telephone may dial in at +1 (833) 979-2860 (USA) or +1 (236) 714-2917 (International). A replay will be available via webcast through Mytheresa’s Investor Relations website. The telephone replay will be available from 11:00am Eastern Time on February 25, 2021, through March 4, 2021, by dialing +1 (800) 585-8367 (USA) or +1 (416) 621-4642 (International). The replay passcode will be 9993744.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including statements relating to the impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic; future sales, expenses, and profitability; future development and expected growth of our business and industry; our ability to execute our business model and our business strategy; having available sufficient cash and borrowing capacity to meet working capital, debt service and capital expenditure requirements for the next twelve months; and projected capital spending. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the following words: “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “ongoing,” “plan,” “potential,” “predict,” “project,” “should,” “will,” “would” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. These statements are only predictions Actual events or results may differ materially from those stated or implied by these forward-looking statements. In evaluating these statements and our prospects, you should carefully consider the factors set forth below.
We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements made in this press release to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this press release or to reflect new information or the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by law.
The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any such risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, our results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make.
You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Forward-looking statements represent our management’s beliefs and assumptions only as of the date such statements are made.
Further information on these and other factors that could affect our financial results is included in filings we make with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) from time to time, including the section titled “Risk Factors” in our final prospectus under Rule 424(b) filed with the SEC on January 22, 2021 in connection with our IPO and 6-K (reporting our quarterly results). These documents are available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov and on the SEC Filings section of the Investor Relations section of our website at: https://investors.mytheresa.com.
ABOUT NON-IFRS FINANCIAL MEASURES
We review a number of operating and financial metrics, including the following business and non-IFRS metrics, to evaluate our business, measure our performance, identify trends affecting our business, formulate business plans and make strategic decisions. We present Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted Operating Income, and Adjusted Net Income because they are frequently used by analysts, investors and other interested parties to evaluate companies in our industry. Further, we believe these measures are helpful in highlighting trends in our operating results, because they exclude the impact of items that are outside the control of management or not reflective of our ongoing operations and performance. Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted Operating Income, and Adjusted Net Income have limitations, because they exclude certain types of expenses. Furthermore, other companies in our industry may calculate similarly titled measures differently than we do, limiting their usefulness as comparative measures. We use Adjusted EBITDA, Adjusted Operating Income, and Adjusted Net Income as supplemental information only. You are encouraged to evaluate each adjustment and the reasons we consider it appropriate for supplemental analysis.
Our non-IFRS financial measures include:
· Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS financial measure that we calculate as net income before finance expense (net), taxes, and depreciation and amortization, adjusted to exclude U.S. sales tax expenditures temporarily borne by us through the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020, IPO preparation and transaction costs and share-based compensation expenses.
· Adjusted Operating Income is a non-IFRS financial measure that we calculate as operating income, adjusted to exclude U.S. sales tax expenditures temporarily borne by us through the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020, any IPO preparation and transaction costs and share-based compensation expenses.
· Adjusted Net Income is a non-IFRS financial measure that we calculate as net income, adjusted to exclude U.S. sales tax expenditures temporarily borne by us, finance expenses on our Shareholder Loans, IPO preparation and transaction costs, share-based compensation expenses and related income tax effects.
Mytheresa is one of the leading global luxury fashion e-commerce retailers. Mytheresa was launched in 2006 and offers ready-to-wear, shoes, bags and accessories for women, men and kids. The highly curated edit focuses on true luxury with designer brands such as Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Gucci, LOEWE, Loro Piana, Moncler, Prada, Saint Laurent, Valentino and many more. Mytheresa's unique digital experience is based on a sharp focus on high-end luxury shoppers, exclusive product and content offerings, leading technology and analytical platforms as well as high quality service operations.
For more information, please visit https://investors.mytheresa.com/.
MYT Netherlands Parent B.V.
Financial Results and Key Operating Metrics
(Amounts in € millions)
(To view the tables, please visit https://bwnews.pr/305UKjM)
MYT Netherlands Parent B.V.
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Profit and Comprehensive Income
(Amounts in € thousands, except share and per share data)
(To view the tables, please visit https://bwnews.pr/305UKjM)
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210225005293/en/
Investor Relations Contacts
Ed Yuen / Maria Lycouris
Media Contacts for public relations
mobile: +49 152 54725178
phone: +49 89 127695-236
Media Contacts for business press
Ted McHugh / Nicole Briguet
phone: +1 201 341-0211 / +1 646 750-7235
Edelman Germany, Austria, Switzerland
mobile: +49 162 4909624
phone: +49 221 8282 8111
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company. Learn more