Panasonic Commercializes the Large Current “Power Choke Coil” for Automotive Use
OSAKA, JAPAN--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 15, 2016 -- Panasonic Corporation announced that it has developed 12mm range square size (SMD Type) large current (20A-50A) “Power Choke Coil” suited for power supply circuits of automotive ECUs (Electronic Control Units) of HEV, EV, gasoline-powered vehicles etc. The new product enables direct mounting on automotive engine ECUs and electromechanical integration.
In accordance with the improvement of fuel consumption of eco-cars and environment regulations, electronization of automotive systems enhancements has been rapidly expanding for the purpose of fine control engines. In addition, the ECU capacity is getting larger, direct mounting on engine and electromechanical integration are required instead of mounting in the engine room. Therefore, large current being set in an extremely high temperature and vibration environment are required for ECU. Choke coils are used and mounted in ECU power supply circuits for the purpose of noise removal. To meet these market requirements, Panasonic commercialized “automotive use Power Choke Coil” which realized large current in compact size, excellent heat resistance and vibration resistance.
This new product has the following features:
1. Large current in compact size as 12mm range square SMD type, enabling direct mounting on ECU engines and space saving of power supply circuits.
· Dimensions (WxLxH) (mm): 12.6 × 12.8 × 8.0
50% reduction in volume compared with Panasonic’s conventional products*
· Current value: achieved 20A-50A in SMD type
Panasonic conventional products* below 20A
* Lead type choke coil (ELC18E-L type)
2. Excellent heat resistance and vibration resistance in compact size, enabling direct mounting on ECU engines.
· Heat resistance : Significant electrical property change is not observed under 160℃ / 2000h in SMD type
· Vibration-resistance : Significant electrical property change is not observed under 5 to 2000Hz/30G
3. SMD type enables automatic mounting on PCBs, contributing to customer’s process cost down.
DC/DC converter circuits, high function ECU power supply circuits, electromechanical integration ECU circuits of HEV, EV, gasoline-powered vehicles.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, enterprise solutions and device industries. Since its founding in 1918, the company has expanded globally and now operates 474 subsidiaries and 94 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of 7.553 trillion yen for the year ended March 31, 2016. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160614005646/en/
Public Relations Department
This is a news release distributed by Korea Newswire on behalf of this company. Learn more