CNIM to Optimize Renewable Heat Production for Nantes District Heating
This project consolidates CNIM's status as a major player in district heating system optimization using heat pumps connected to waste to energy plants. The Group has forged a European reputation for its expertise and know-how in this area.
May 21, 2019 17:10 KST
PARIS--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) May 21, 2019 -- CNIM, a French international industrial equipment manufacturer and integrator, has entered into an agreement concerning the energy efficiency optimisation at the waste-to-energy plant serving the cities of Nantes and Saint Nazaire, in the North West of France. Under the terms of this agreement, CNIM will install an absorption heat pump to boost the supply of hot water to Nantes.
The delivery is scheduled for October 2019. The new system has been designed to inject 3.1 MW of heat energy into Nantes' district heating system.
2018: Two contracts to upgrade heat networks in France and Switzerland
Prior to this agreement, CNIM won two other major contracts to upgrade the energy efficiency of waste-to-energy plants in France and Switzerland, and to supply district heating networks with renewable energy.
· Supplying 30 MW to Basel's district heating network by recovering heat from flue gases (Switzerland)
· Recovering low pressure steam from a turbine and supplying 13 MW of heat energy in Brive (France)
CNIM has been improving energy efficiency for more than 60 years
CNIM supplies 1 MW and larger custom heat pumps and chillers to tackle energy efficiency challenges at industrial facilities in numerous sectors, including the oil, petrochemicals, chemical, energy and shipping industries.
This turnkey offering, covering design, construction and maintenance services, dovetails with those of other CNIM Group entities and subsidiaries in areas such as heat process engineering, waste-to-energy and biomass-to-energy solutions, flue gas treatment, thermal power plant renovation projects and industrial boiler plants.
As well as absorption heat pumps & chillers, CNIM provides heat storage systems for district heating operators. These are based on steam or pressurised water tanks that store heat during peak production and release it to the network during peak demand.
More information on CNIM’s heat pumps: https://cnim.com/en/businesses/energy-management-and-efficiency#chillers-absorption-heat-pumps
Discover Helsinki’s absorption chillers business case: https://cnim.com/en/absorption-chillers-supplying-helsinki-cold-energy-last-20-years
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005678/en/
- CNIM Designs and Validates the Rotation System That Will Enable the Stratobus™ Airship to Operate Autonomously for up to One Year
- Continuing Its Collaboration with ITER Organization, CNIM is Designing and Manufacturing High-Precision Handling Equipment to Assemble Components of the Future Fusion Reactor
- CNIM Is to Equip the French Navy with 14 New Standard Amphibious Landing Craft (EDA-S)
- Energy Observer Vessel Fitted with Oceanwings® Wingsails, the Solution Devised by VPLP and CNIM to Decarbonize Maritime Transport
- The LCA and LCX, CNIM’S New Amphibious Crafts, Increase the Operational Capabilities of Motherships