ExaGrid Announces ExaGrid Backup with Veeam® for Backup and Cloud Data Management
Solution Offers Small to Mid-size Customers Enterprise-Level Backup Performance
May 02, 2019 16:40 KST
MARLBOROUGH, MASS.--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) May 02, 2019 -- ExaGrid®, a leading provider of intelligent hyperconverged storage for backup, has announced ExaGrid Backup with Veeam®, which will enable customers to effectively and securely manage and protect their data regardless of IT infrastructure. This offering is a collaborative venture with Veeam Software, the leader in Backup solutions that deliver Cloud Data Management™.
ExaGrid Backup with Veeam provides fast backups and recovery, cost-efficient long-term data storage, as well as replication to an offsite location for disaster recovery that maximizes data reduction and scales to meet the needs of any enterprise. This newly announced option offers small to mid-size customers the opportunity to purchase the package together via a single SKU.
ExaGrid provides built-in integration with Veeam’s unique technologies:
· ExaGrid runs Veeam Data Mover in its appliance and supports a Veeam end-to-end protocol; for fast backups, providing a 30 percent increase in backup performance versus other products on the market;1
· ExaGrid’s integration with Veeam Data Mover results in fast synthetic full backups;
· ExaGrid’s scale-out architecture leverages the Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository™ (SOBR), which allows automated job management and seamless linear scalability.
The ExaGrid Backup with Veeam offering comes in three scalable models: a 13TB backup system, a 21TB backup system, and a 32TB backup system, scalable up to a 90TB full backup.
“ExaGrid and Veeam have been alliance partners for over eight years. ExaGrid’s architecture complements Veeam on many levels. The option to purchase both as an end-to-end package is just one more step in the journey,” said Bill Andrews, CEO and President of ExaGrid.
“ExaGrid continues to be a valuable member of the Veeam Alliance Partner Program,” said Carey Stanton, Vice President of Global Alliances, Business and Corporate Development at Veeam. “ExaGrid and Veeam have helped customers intelligently manage their data for years and now, we are making it even easier. This new ExaGrid Backup with Veeam offering provides customers a simple and effective way to implement Cloud Data Management via this packaged offering.”
This combined package delivers key benefits to customers, including:
· Scalability: The solution scales out to match customer data growth without costly upgrades by simply adding ExaGrid appliances to create a larger pool of storage, and by using Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository to manage backup and recovery.
· Fastest Recovery: The offer provides the fastest recovery on the market for deduplication appliances by leveraging Veeam’s Instant VM Recovery, enabling customers to restore from the most recent backup copy, including VMs, files or application items from Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL Server and Oracle databases, and more.
· Cost-Effectiveness: Customers can use Veeam Backup & Replication’s built-in source-side data deduplication harmoniously with ExaGrid’s zone-level deduplication, which reduces storage and bandwidth consumption, resulting in the most cost-effective scale-out deduplication solution up front and over time.
ExaGrid Backup with Veeam is currently available in the United States and Canada; however, program expansion will be considered for other countries in the future. Contact your local ExaGrid reseller for more information and program details.
ExaGrid provides intelligent hyperconverged storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at exagrid.com or connect with us on LinkedIn. See what our customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
 Source: ExaGrid-Veeam Accelerated Data Mover, Date: October 2016; Author: Kerry Dolan, Lab Analyst and Brian Garrett, Vice President, ESG Lab.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190430005121/en/
- ExaGrid Reports Record Bookings and Revenue for Q2 2019
- ExaGrid Voted “Enterprise Backup Hardware Product of the Year”
- Bridgestone’s Modernized Backup Environment Results in 79% Reduction in Backup Window
- PRI Meets Security Regulations and Data Retention Mandates with ExaGrid-Veeam Solution
- ExaGrid Named a ‘Finalist’ in 2019 Storage Awards - The Storries XVI
Share this News Release