Maxon Announces Cinebench Release 20
Enhanced Benchmarking Tool Delivers Performance Measurement for the Latest CPU Capabilities and Demanding Rendering Workloads
March 07, 2019 16:45 KST
FRIEDRICHSDORF, GERMANY--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) March 07, 2019 -- Maxon, leading developer of professional 3D modeling, animation, and rendering solutions, today announced the availability of Cinebench Release 20, a modernized version of its industry-standard, cross-platform tool to benchmark computer hardware capabilities. Cinebench R20 leverages the same powerful 3D engine in Cinema 4D Release 20 to evaluate CPU rendering performance. It is offered free-of-charge.
For over a decade, Cinebench has been the ‘go-to’ tool to evaluate hardware performance. Cinebench uses advanced algorithms to generate a three-dimensional scene on a computer. Cinebench scores are used by system administrators to help make purchase decisions, journalists to review hardware, manufacturers to optimize their latest products, as well as consumers to evaluate individual systems.
“Cinebench R20 reflects our engineering efforts to leverage the advancements to CPU and rendering technology in recent years,” said David McGavran, Maxon Chief Executive Officer. “The updated tests in Cinebench R20 deliver more accurate benchmarking measurements to reflect the performance of today’s CPUs in demanding rendering workloads.”
Cinebench R20 Highlights
· Cinebench R20 uses a much larger and more complex test scene than R15 requiring about 8x the computational power and 4x the memory needed to render it.
· Cinebench R20 incorporates the latest rendering architectures, including integration of Intel’s Embree raytracing technology and advanced features on modern CPUs from AMD and Intel that allow users to render the same scene on the same hardware twice as fast as previously.
· Cinebench R20 provides benchmarks for current and next generation CPUs to test if a machine runs stable on a high CPU load, if the cooling solution of a computer is sufficient for longer running tasks, and if a machine is able to handle demanding real-life 3D tasks.
Pricing and Availability / Minimum System Requirements
Cinebench Release 20 is available from the Microsoft and Apple app stores.
Visit the Cinebench page for additional details.
Maxon is a developer of professional 3D modeling, animation and rendering solutions. Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
Maxon Web Resources
Additional information on Maxon can be obtained as follows:
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190305005361/en/
- Maxon Acquires Redshift Rendering Technologies
- MAXON Cinema 4D MoGraph Toolset Honored with Academy Certificate for Scientific and Technical Achievement
- MAXON Announces Senior Leadership Appointments
- MAXON Cinema 4D Release 20 Available Immediately
- MAXON Announces Cinema 4D Release 20
Share this News Release