Guidewire Launches DevConnect Developer Integration Environment
Guidewire DevConnect builds on existing Marketplace and provides P&C insurers ‘plug and play’ Add-ons to leading industry solutions
February 15, 2019 14:00 KST
FOSTER CITY, CALIF.--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) February 15, 2019 -- Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), provider of the industry platform Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon, today announced the launch of its ecosystem developer environment, DevConnect, which complements the company’s thriving Marketplace. Guidewire DevConnect™ provides a set of tooling, APIs, business services, and documentation bundled as Software Development Kits (SDKs) that Guidewire’s PartnerConnect Solution partners use to build add-ons to Guidewire InsurancePlatform™ products. InsurancePlatform Add-ons built via DevConnect benefit insurers by providing quick access to innovative solutions to help them better run, grow, and differentiate their business.
“Insurers are looking for ways to accelerate the delivery of leading-edge technology capability, whether it is emerging technology, Insurtech, or core systems. Providing a strong integration framework and plug and play access to key solutions enables insurers to more quickly evaluate and deploy those solutions, accelerating their benefits realization,” said Martina Conlon, executive vice president of Research and Consulting and practice leader for property/casualty, Novarica.
“The addition of DevConnect is an exciting evolution of our Marketplace,” said Anirban Bardalaye, head of Platform Ecosystem and Marketplace, Guidewire. “We are excited to welcome our inaugural group of DevConnect partners*, including: Livegenic and Ontellus, and we look forward to making their Add-ons available to our customers.”
Guidewire also announced an enhanced Marketplace for insurers with a streamlined user experience including improved search so that insurers can discover new DevConnect enabled Add-ons and integrations more easily.
“We are excited about the potential that Guidewire Marketplace and DevConnect provide,” said Jim Korcykoski, SVP, enterprise chief technology officer, Nationwide. “We feel this could be a strategic enabler in helping insurers more readily combine 3rd party products with their Guidewire core systems.”
Guidewire DevConnect allows solution providers to:
· Surface their innovative capabilities and services seamlessly within the Guidewire applications at the heart of insurers’ operations;
· Build Add-ons faster, in a dedicated build and test environment, without having to learn intricate details of Guidewire software;
· Easily publish validated Add-ons to Guidewire Marketplace - the official storefront where more than 350 insurers look for integrated solutions to complement their InsurancePlatform implementations; and
· Readily serve insurers running various versions of Guidewire products while ensuring full fidelity upgrades thanks to a decoupled architecture.
Bardalaye concluded, “DevConnect makes it easier for solution providers to publish validated Add-ons and the improved experience on Marketplace overall makes it easier for insurers to discover, evaluate, and deploy desired Add-ons. This truly sets Guidewire Marketplace apart.”
Solution providers interested in joining Guidewire PartnerConnect and our DevConnect community should contact our Solution Alliances team here (http://bit.ly/2DG2cqd).
*DevConnect’s initial focus is on claims services providers in the North American market. This will evolve to include providers whose applications serve other stages of the insurance lifecycle as well as other geographies.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business. We are privileged to serve more than 350 companies in 32 countries. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
NOTE: All products mentioned in this announcement are Guidewire products. For information about Guidewire’s trademarks, visit https://www.guidewire.com/legal-notices.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190214005333/en/
- Guidewire Named One of Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies to Work For
- Aon and Guidewire Launch Cyber Scenario for a U.S. Dam Attack
- Guidewire InsuranceSuite Positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America, for Second Consecutive Year
- Guidewire Announces Availability of its First P&C Insurance CRM Applications for Salesforce Financial Services Cloud
- Guidewire Announces 2017.2 Release of InsurancePlatform
Share this News Release