Trustonic Helps Mobile Operators Improve Financial Performance While Significantly Reducing Asset Theft & Fraud
Slashes theft & fraud across an operator’s device portfolio by combining mobile device and app protection expertise with unique integration into the smartphone manufacturing ecosystem.
February 14, 2019 09:55 KST
CAMBRIDGE, ENGLAND--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) February 14, 2019 -- Mobile cyber security leader Trustonic today announces its new Asset Lifecycle Protection Service (ALPS) for mobile network operators. Mobile operators can now eliminate smartphone theft, fraud and trafficking, allowing them to safeguard their device investments, protect revenue and drive additional profit contribution.
Developed in collaboration with some of the largest operators in North America, this robust solution can be deployed rapidly and scaled across device ranges spanning multiple OEMs. Unlike other solutions that only solve part of the problem, ALPS establishes a Root of Trust, meaning fraudulently obtained devices cannot be unlocked or reused.
Smartphone crime is negatively impacting the industry
With device theft and fraud ranging from 5% to 25% of shipments and operators reporting a 200% YOY increase in armed robberies at retail stores, employees, customers, brand reputation and profit are suffering. Ben Cade, CEO, Trustonic, comments: “A global crime wave of stolen, fraudulently obtained and sold-but-not-activated smartphones is costing operators billions of dollars in lost revenue annually, not to mention the loyalty of defrauded customers and the safety of employees. Trustonic is pleased to launch ALPS globally and make it available in all markets, after developing and proving the service with some of North America’s largest operators.”
Multiple use cases for protecting revenue throughout the device lifecycle
ALPS helps operators to solve a range of challenges by enabling secure remote device lock and unlock. Existing manual unlock codes are easy to overcome, expensive to administer and offer a poor experience to subscribers. The platform automates the process through an easy-to-use app installed during manufacture, providing a positive user experience and reducing CARE costs, while enabling protection for use cases such as:
· Customer device unlock. When the customer completes their contract and requests to unlock their device.
· Supply chain security. Protecting devices by locking them at the moment they are produced safeguards every stage of the device lifecycle, and every participant involved, by making devices worthless if stolen or fraudulently obtained.
· Protecting subsidized, financed and leased devices. Preventing the use and resale of devices if installment payments are not made. Once a subsidized plan is paid in full the subscriber can request unlock, or when a lease agreement ends devices can be locked if not returned.
· Companion device protection. Protect companion devices like tablets, wearables and multi-device family bundles that are often used as incentives. If the subscriber stops paying the plan, the main device and all companion devices can be simultaneously locked.
· Warranty and insurance fraud prevention. Enabling devices to be locked once a claim has been made by the customer, removing the incentive to fraudulently sell the device.
· Device recall. For consumer safety, devices are sometimes recalled. The ability to lock devices prevents continued use or re-sale after the recall has been issued.
“Our unique relationships with device makers and the impartial, trusted role we play in the ecosystem means Trustonic can rapidly deliver a single solution to operators that protects revenue across their device portfolio,” adds Cade. “We are empowering operators to take control in their fight against fraud, theft and device trafficking. This not only solves a billion-dollar problem for the industry, it also adds a significant contribution to their bottom line performance.”
The Trustonic Asset Lifecycle Protection Service (ALPS) is now available globally. For more information, please visit the website.
Trustonic's mission is to embed the best security into the world’s smart devices and apps, empowering mobile and IoT developers to build the trust required to deliver simple, fast and secure solutions. The Trustonic hardware-backed security platform is embedded in more than 1.7 billion devices including those from Samsung, vivo, OPPO, Xiaomi, Motorola and LG. Trustonic’s mobile app protection solutions secure critical apps for banks, FinTechs, payment providers, cryptocurrency platforms, automotive manufacturers, mobile network operators and government bodies including Samsung Pay, Alipay, WeChat Pay and Volkswagen. Trustonic is a venture formed in 2012 by Arm and Gemalto.
Visit the Trustonic website.
+44 (0)113 350 1922
- Trustonic and Huawei Disrupt Application Shielding Market with Partnership to Introduce First Multi-TEE Security Platform for Mobile App Developers
- Volkswagen Protects Virtual Key Sharing App with Trustonic Application Protection
- Ksmartech Expands Trustonic Partnership to Secure Authentication for iOS and Android Apps
Share this News Release
+44 (0)113 350 1922