Hong Kong Airlines, Osaka Airport and Tokyo Haneda Airport Lead the Way in Asia Pacific for Punctuality in 2018
January 04, 2019 11:40 KST
SINGAPORE--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) January 04, 2019 -- Hong Kong Airlines once again claims the title as the most punctual airline in Asia Pacific, and the third most punctual worldwide, according to the OAG Punctuality League 2019, which is the most comprehensive annual ranking of on-time performance (OTP) for the world’s airlines and airports.
Key results include:
· Hong Kong Airlines (3rd), Bangkok Airways (5th), Qantas Airways (6h) are in the global top 10
· Japan Airlines and ANA are ranked 2nd and 3rd in the global mega airlines’ category.
· Tokyo Haneda claims top rank globally for mega airports. Osaka topped the large airports list, with Sapporo and Fukuoka placing in the top 10
· China’s largest three airlines, China Southern (15th) China Eastern (17th) and Air China (19th) delivered significant OTP improvements in 2018.
· Three new entrants, Bangkok Airways, Air Astana and Solaseed, make this year’s Asia Pacific Top 10 list for OTP.
· India’s IndiGo placed 7th globally for LCCs, which is an impressive result given that it operated 28% more flights in 2018 compared to 2017.
Mayur Patel, Regional Sales Director JAPAC for OAG, said: “The Asia Pacific region remains the fastest growing air passenger market in the world with 12.6 million scheduled flights in 2018, representing a 6.3% increase on 2017. Moreover, some 2.1 billion seats were available across the year, representing an even larger increase of 7.3% in capacity. Given the continuing pressure that this level of growth places on infrastructure and service, the region’s leading airlines and airports have once again delivered on a key aspect of their business performance.”
View the full results and download a copy of the full report HERE (http://bit.ly/2F752H8).
Top Asia Pacific Airlines for On-time Punctuality (OTP)
(To view the table, please visit http://bit.ly/2F754yK)
OAG is a leading global travel data provider which has been powering the growth and innovation of the air travel ecosystem since 1929.
Headquartered in the UK, OAG has global operations in the USA, Singapore, Japan, Lithuania and China.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190103005542/en/
- Outstanding On-time Performance in ASPAC Reflects Continued Focus on Punctuality According to OAG's Latest OTP Star Ratings
- Crowded Skies: OAG Reveals the World’s Busiest Routes are in the Asia Pacific
- Indonesia’s Fastest-Growing OTA, tiket.com Chooses OAG Data to Support Growth
- Asia Pacific’s Leading Airports Perform Strongly on The OAG Megahubs International Index 2018
- OAG Partners with Plug and Play to Help Travel Startups Grow, Innovate and Disrupt
Share this News Release