ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-1318 Series Compact LDO Regulator with World's Top Class Low Current Consumption of 95nA!
An ideal power supply for IoT and wearable devices that reduces current consumption to one-tenth of our conventional products!
November 13, 2018 17:05 KST
CHIBA, JAPAN--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) November 13, 2018 -- ABLIC Inc. (President: Nobumasa Ishiai, head office: Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, hereinafter “ABLIC”) today launched the S-1318 Series of low-current consumption LDO regulators (*1) for wearables and IoT devices.
The new S-1318 Series LDO regulator features a 5.5V input, 1.2 - 3.3V output, 95nA current consumption and 100mA output current. The current consumption of the S-1318 Series is a mere 95nA or about one-tenth of our conventional products placing it in the world’s top class (*2) for low current consumption devices. This helps improve battery life by 25% (*3), providing longer operating time for battery-powered applications. In addition, the compact HSNT-4 (1010) (1.0mm x 1.0mm x 0.4mm) package housing the regulator reduces product footprint.
These features make the S-1318 Series ideal for use in IoT and wearable devices that demand low-power consumption, long continuous operation and compact size.
(*1) LDO regulator: A voltage regulator that is capable of operating at a low potential difference between input and output with negligible energy loss and enables a design that significantly reduces heat buildup.
(*2) Based on our research as of October 2018
(*3) Values obtained under our testing conditions
1. Provides world’s top class current consumption of as low as 95nA
2. Housed in a compact HSNT-4(1010) package
3. ON/OFF circuit reduces power consumption when not in use
Output current: 100mA
Output voltage: 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.2V, 2.3V, 2.5V, 2.8V, 3.0V, 3.3V
Input voltage: 1.7 to 5.5V
Output voltage accuracy: ±1.0% (Ta = 25°C)
Current consumption during operation: 95nA typ.
Current consumption during power-off: 2nA typ.
Constant voltage power supply for activity trackers, smartwatches, glasses-like devices and other wearables and IoT devices
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181112005234/en/
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-19192 Series, a 3-serial to 6-serial Cell Battery Monitoring IC for Automotive Use
- ABLIC Inc., The World's First (*1) “ZCL (*2) Hall IC” That Will Bring Innovation to the Development and Manufacture of Brushless DC Motors
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-19630AB, a Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier for Automotive Use with a Wide Operation Voltage Range
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-85M0A Series of Ultra-High Efficiency Step-Down Switching Regulators in the Industry's Most Compact(*) Size
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-5420, One of the Industry’s Smallest UV-A, UV-B Sensing Silicon Photodiodes
Share this News Release