Cloudflare Launches the First Domain Registrar You Can Love
Secure domain registration has never been this easy or fairly priced
September 30, 2018 23:10 KST
SAN FRANCISCO--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) September 30, 2018 -- Cloudflare, the leading Internet performance and security company, today announced early access of Cloudflare Registrar, the first registrar built around trust, security, and fair, wholesale pricing. Cloudflare has chosen today, its eighth birthday, to announce Registrar as a gift to the Internet.
A domain cannot be secured without a registrar. Registrars protect domains from being compromised—and their owners from the resulting consequences. A compromised domain means completely losing security functionality, control over website content, and the potential of redirecting web traffic to another IP address, ultimately damaging a brand’s reputation.
The marketplace for domain registration has been stagnant and manipulative. Registrars lure customers in with low registration fees and end up charging them extremely high renewal fees. They also trick users into purchasing services they do not need or charge fees for critical services that are otherwise offered for free, like SSL. Cloudflare’s Registrar does away with the misleading pricing model, offering a fairly-priced solution with no markup from wholesale pricing—initially and at every renewal—to all of Cloudflare’s customers.
“When we looked at the marketplace for domain registration, we were shocked at the deceitful pricing around a service that is really just a commodity,” said Matthew Prince, co-founder and CEO of Cloudflare. “We realized that the one thing every Cloudflare customer needs is a domain, so they needed a registrar they could trust. With Cloudflare Registrar, we’re promising to offer our customers the best security practices at the best possible price. Our goal is simply to create the first domain registrar you can love.”
The benefits of Cloudflare Registrar include:
· Fair Pricing: At-cost pricing eliminates any surprise charges associated with inflated renewal costs or hidden add-on fees with other registrars. Cloudflare simply charges the wholesale price of the registry, the lowest price available today.
· Transparency: Notifies the entire authorized team should any changes be applied.
· Security-First Practices: Built-in two-factor authentication, automatic domain lock, WHOIS privacy protection, and security best-practices like automatic DNSSEC—all at no extra cost.
To view the table, please visit (http://bit.ly/2xOO9Nb)
In addition to Cloudflare Registrar, the company has an enterprise-level domain registration service called Cloudflare Custom Domain Protection, which launched in February of 2016.
To learn more about Cloudflare Registrar, please check out the resources below. Existing Cloudflare customers can sign up for early access here (https://dash.cloudflare.com/domains).
Cloudflare Registrar Product Page
Cloudflare Registrar Blog
Cloudflare Registrar Technical Blog
Cloudflare, Inc. (www.cloudflare.com / @cloudflare) is on a mission to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with each new site added. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer, named the Most Innovative Network & Internet Technology Company for two years running by the Wall Street Journal, and ranked among the world's 50 most innovative companies by Fast Company. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Cloudflare has offices in Austin, TX, Champaign, IL, New York, NY, Washington, DC, London, and Singapore.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180927005196/en/
- Cloudflare Registrar Product Page: http://www.cloudflare.com/products/registrar/
- Cloudflare Registrar Blog: http://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-registrar/
- Cloudflare Registrar Technical Blog: http://blog.cloudflare.com/using-cloudflare-regist
- Cloudflare Announces Strong Network Expansion and New Office in Q4 2018
- Cloudflare Continues Growth With Record New Products in Q3 2018
- Cloudflare Opens First Office in Germany Amid Significant DACH Region Growth
- Cloudflare Stream Now Generally Available to Democratize Video Streaming
- CloudFlare Issues the Global IPv6 Challenge: Join the Modern Web
Share this News Release