City of Aurora, CO Replaces Tape Backups with Disk-based ExaGrid System
Data Restores Reduced from Days to Minutes
September 14, 2018 17:00 KST
WESTBOROUGH, MASS.--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) September 14, 2018 -- ExaGrid®, a leading provider of hyper-converged secondary storage for backup, today announced that the City of Aurora, Colorado’s third largest city, has replaced its tape-based backups with ExaGrid’s disk-based backup storage system.
The City chose ExaGrid due to a variety of features and benefits, including:
· unique scale-out architecture eliminates the need for forklift upgrades
· adaptive data deduplication minimizes data footprint to maximize storage capacity
· trade-in program allows the City to consolidate/upgrade appliances in the future; models of any size or age can be mixed and matched in a single system
· offsite replication provides disaster recovery protection
While still using tape-based backups, the City’s backup windows were running longer than 24 hours, so backup jobs had to be staggered and sometimes even cut. Since installing ExaGrid, backup windows have shortened and making tape copies no longer affects the production system as it did in the past.
In addition to the City’s constant challenge with its backup window, its IT staff particularly struggled with restoring user files and databases. ”Identifying and locating the correct tape(s) took time, and if it had already been sent to offsite storage, retrieving it was time consuming,” said Danny Santee, the City’s enterprise systems supervisor. “The whole process was cumbersome and tedious. Restoring a user file could take up to three days with tape, whereas with ExaGrid, the time it takes from receiving the request to restoring the data is about half an hour. The management of restores has been where we’ve seen our biggest gain, especially when it comes to restoring SQL data.”
Read the complete City of Aurora customer success story to learn more about the company’s experience using ExaGrid.
ExaGrid’s published customer success stories and enterprise stories number over 360, more than all other vendors in the space combined. These stories demonstrate how satisfied customers are with ExaGrid’s unique architectural approach, differentiated product, and unrivalled customer support. Customers consistently state that not only is the product best-in-class, but ‘it just works.’
ExaGrid provides hyper-converged secondary storage for backup with data deduplication, a unique landing zone, and scale-out architecture. ExaGrid’s landing zone provides for the fastest backups, restores, and instant VM recoveries. Its scale-out architecture includes full appliances in a scale-out system and ensures a fixed-length backup window as data grows, eliminating expensive forklift upgrades. Visit us at www.exagrid.com or connect with us on LinkedIn. See what our customers have to say about their own ExaGrid experiences and why they now spend significantly less time on backup.
ExaGrid is a registered trademark of ExaGrid Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180913005097/en/
+1 508-898-2872 x248
- ExaGrid Continues Global Expansion to Meet Developing International Demand
- Ahearn & Soper Finds that ExaGrid Stands Behind Its Scalable System
- American Standard Leverages ExaGrid’s Scale-Out Architecture as Data Growth Nearly Triples Storage Requirements
- ExaGrid’s Unique Features Optimize Backups for ARBES Technologies
- ExaGrid, Provider of Intelligent Hyperconverged Storage for Backup, Reports Record Annual Revenue for 2018
Share this News Release
+1 508-898-2872 x248