ResMed’s Astral Life Support Ventilator Now Has AutoEPAP in U.S.
Other upgrades include easy interface switching and program naming to improve ease of use
August 28, 2018 14:00 KST
SAN DIEGO--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 28, 2018 -- ResMed (NYSE: RMD) (ASX: RMD), a global leader in cloud-connected respiratory care devices, today announced key upgrades to its Astral life support ventilators, including Optional AutoEPAP in iVAPS for U.S. patients, a high-demand therapy option.
What is AutoEPAP?
AutoEPAP (automatic expiratory positive airway pressure) automatically adjusts a patient’s expiratory pressure in response to flow limitations or obstruction of the upper airway.
AutoEPAP is now available in the United States, and already in use in other markets. It’s an option when in Astral’s iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) mode that automatically adapts to a patient’s changing pressure needs as their respiratory disease progresses.
In addition to AutoEPAP, Astral users worldwide can now:
· Easily change interfaces: Patients can easily change between a mouthpiece and a full face, nasal or pillows mask from a single limb circuit.
· Customize program names: Clinicians can now name programs on a patient’s Astral device for fast, easy access.
“These significant upgrades make Astral one of the most advanced life support ventilators on the market,” said Richie McHale, president of ResMed’s Respiratory Care business. “It’s already proven to stabilize ventilation in significantly fewer breaths than its leading competitor, and today’s innovations offer greater ease of use and even more peace of mind to patients across a wide range of respiratory diseases than ever before.”
ResMed (NYSE: RMD) (ASX: RMD), a world-leading connected health company with more than 5 million cloud-connected devices for daily remote patient monitoring, changes lives with every breath. Its award-winning devices and software solutions help treat and manage sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other respiratory conditions. Its 6,000-member team strives to improve patients’ quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and save healthcare costs in more than 120 countries. ResMed.com
 Diesem Ryan. Astral/Trilogy iVAPS/AVAPS Comparison. Valley Inspired Products 2016; 16011.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180827005110/en/
- 175 Million Europeans Have Sleep Apnoea, Highlighting Scale of Global Health Crisis
- ResMed Introduces Its First Minimal-contact Full Face CPAP Mask, AirFit F30
- ResMed Files Patent Infringement Action against Fisher & Paykel
- ResMed, Verily to Form Joint Venture to Help Reach Millions of Untreated Sleep Apnea Sufferers
- New ResMed-sponsored Study Shows Switching to Bilevel PAP Saves 56% of Patients from Therapy Termination