Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Professor Pam Longobardi is ECO’s Artist in Residence
August 30, 2018 20:10 KST
WASHINGTON--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 30, 2018 -- he Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) is pleased and excited to announce Pam Longobardi, Distinguished Professor at Georgia State University, as ECO’s artist in residence. Professor Longobardi’s excellent art work and her early and visionary commitment to using art to educate about plastics in our oceans made selecting her an easy decision. Her 200 exhibits, including those Asia and Europe, speaks to her and our global view of this serious problem.
“She is a visionary who takes action and has the courage to be early. She is a leader and we are so very pleased to have her on board,” said Daniel Perrin, CEO of ECO. “Longobardi, like ECO, is big on action. Longobardi takes action. We like that.”
“There are two main areas of responsibility for ECO’s Artist in Residence. First, ECO will commission Longobardi to create a piece of art as she envisions it - and ECO is so excited to see what Longobardi creates - which builds on her already excellent work to further public understanding of this global problem.”
“Second, Professor Longobardi will oversee the design and will run a competition of artists to win a commission to create a piece of art for ECO --Longobardi will decide the art’s parameters -- which will educate the public about the winning solution that wins our $1 million prize for the best technology or plan to remove the macro and micro pieces of plastic in our oceans,” said Perrin.
About Endowment for Clean Oceans
Endowment for Clean Oceans is now raising the funds for two contests, one which is for a $1 million prize for the best idea or technology to remove the macro and micro pieces of plastic from the ocean. The second contest is for $5 million to find a truly biodegradable and economically viable replacement for the five most commonly used plastics. Documentaries will be made of both contests so viewers can see the ideas and technology presented and how and why the judges picked the winners.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=51849775&lang=en
- Finally, in a Divided America, Something 81% Can Agree on: Poll Commissioned by Endowment for Clean Oceans Shows Widespread Voter Concern About the Trillions of Pieces of Plastic in the Ocean
- Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces Mr. Pierre-Yves Cousteau Joins ECO’s Scientific and Technical Committee
- Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Macrebur’s CEO Toby McCartney Membership on ECO’s Entrepreneur Committee
- Skunkworks Surfing Co. Co-Founders Appointed to be Endowment for Clean Oceans Judges
- The Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces it’s World-Wide $1 Million & $5 Million Contests for Solutions to Remove Micro and Macro Plastics from the Ocean