Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces Mr. Pierre-Yves Cousteau Joins ECO’s Scientific and Technical Committee
August 27, 2018 20:10 KST
WASHINGTON--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 27, 2018 -- Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) announces Mr. Pierre-Yves Cousteau’s membership on ECO’s Scientific and Technical Committee, which will judge $1 million and $5 million prize contests.
Mr. Cousteau, son of the world-renowned Jacques-Yves Cousteau, and Founder of Cousteau Divers said, “I am excited to be working with ECO to find deployable and active solutions to the multi-faceted problem of removing the plastics in the ocean, micro and macro, and to prevent non-biodegradable plastics from entering our oceans.”
“I am pleased to be associated with ECO’s global and innovative effort to use the time-tested method of offering a prize for the best solution to these vexing problems that are polluting the oceans on a massive, global scale and are increasingly responsible for the deaths of some of our most magnificent ocean life.”
“It is time to leverage the worlds global intellect to find scalable and deployable solutions to this problem which, if not dealt with soon, will have devastating consequences on our planet,” concluded Cousteau.
About Endowment for Clean Oceans
Endowment for Clean Oceans is now raising the funds for two contests, one which is for a $1 million prize for the best idea or technology to remove the macro and micro pieces of plastic from the ocean. The second contest is for $5 million to find a truly biodegradable and economically viable replacement for the five most commonly used plastics. Documentaries will be made of both contests so viewers can see the ideas and technology presented and how and why the judges picked the winners.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=51849774&lang=en
- Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Professor Pam Longobardi is ECO’s Artist in Residence
- Finally, in a Divided America, Something 81% Can Agree on: Poll Commissioned by Endowment for Clean Oceans Shows Widespread Voter Concern About the Trillions of Pieces of Plastic in the Ocean
- Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Macrebur’s CEO Toby McCartney Membership on ECO’s Entrepreneur Committee
- Skunkworks Surfing Co. Co-Founders Appointed to be Endowment for Clean Oceans Judges
- The Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces it’s World-Wide $1 Million & $5 Million Contests for Solutions to Remove Micro and Macro Plastics from the Ocean