Skunkworks Surfing Co. Co-Founders Appointed to be Endowment for Clean Oceans Judges
August 13, 2018 20:10 KST
WASHINGTON--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 13, 2018 -- The Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) announced that Skunkworks Surfing Co. Co-Founders CEO Chris and Ricky Martin have been selected and they have accepted to be ECO judges. Chris will serve on the Science and Tech Committee, and Ricky on the Entrepreneur Committee. An entrepreneur’s survival depends on their ability to execute their technical vision. “They have the sort of innovative entrepreneur and plastic materials technical expertise we are looking for to be ECO judges,” said Daniel Perrin, Founder and CEO of ECO.
The role of the Entrepreneur Committee is to judge each entry to ECO’s two contests for scalability and executability. The Scientific and Technical Committee evaluate each entry from that perspective.
“We are extremely excited to be part of this important and historic work,” said the Martin brothers.
ECO’s contests are simply to provide a $1 million prize for an actionable and scalable plan to remove the micro and macro pieces of plastic from the ocean, and for the $5 million prize, to find an economically and biodegradable alternative to the five most common plastics. Here is an excellent example of the work Skunkworks Surfing Co. is already doing for our oceans, with their Waste to Waves campaign with Jaguar Land Rover.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=51849769&lang=en
- Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Professor Pam Longobardi is ECO’s Artist in Residence
- Finally, in a Divided America, Something 81% Can Agree on: Poll Commissioned by Endowment for Clean Oceans Shows Widespread Voter Concern About the Trillions of Pieces of Plastic in the Ocean
- Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces Mr. Pierre-Yves Cousteau Joins ECO’s Scientific and Technical Committee
- Endowment for Clean Oceans Announces Macrebur’s CEO Toby McCartney Membership on ECO’s Entrepreneur Committee
- The Endowment for Clean Oceans (ECO) Announces it’s World-Wide $1 Million & $5 Million Contests for Solutions to Remove Micro and Macro Plastics from the Ocean