High-Performance Solutions and Complete Protection for Critical Installations: the Latest Innovations from CNIM and Its Bertin Subsidiary to Be Unveiled at WNE 2018
June 25, 2018 10:30 KST
PARIS--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 25, 2018 -- The third edition of the World Nuclear Exhibition - major event for the global nuclear energy community - will be held at Paris-Villepinte, June 26th to 28th, 2018. CNIM and Bertin Technologies, leading players in the fields of nuclear equipment, safe handling and instrumentation for the complete protection of nuclear power plants, will be unveiling their joint offerings at this exhibition (booth D125-Hall 7).
Based on its long experience of major nuclear projects and its cutting-edge industrial capabilities, CNIM’s offering reflects its ability to innovate and adapt to the most difficult environments.
Highlights on its exhibition booth will include:
· The design and manufacturing of high-safety fuel handling systems (notably the design of three remotely operated spent fuel handling and transferring machines for POSIVA Oy’s encapsulation plant in Finland, for geological storage);
· Systems ensuring safety in nuclear environments (including the supply of Chernobyl power plant’s new safe confinement leak tightness membrane);
· Large-scale equipment specially manufactured for experimental reactors, complying with the nuclear industry’s strictest requirements (specifically, the construction of the reactor core for the Jules Horowitz (RJH) experimental reactor).
Focused on preventing risks of different types, Bertin offers a comprehensive product portfolio for the complete protection of nuclear installations. In addition to ionizing radiation measuring equipment for the protection of personnel exposed to ionizing radiation (previously supplied under the Saphymo brand), Bertin also provides patented sensor-based anti-intruder solutions for the networked surveillance of sites and cybersecurity solutions to anticipate threats and ensure the secure exchange of sensitive information.
Two innovative lines of products enriching the company’s radiation protection range will be showcased at WNE:
· SaphyRAD: a portable, multi-probe contamination meter for the monitoring of radioactive alpha and bêta contamination,
· SaphyGATE: new-generation radiation portal monitors.
Attend our expert talks and workshops during WNE:
EXPERT TALKS - booth #D125:
11am: Improvement of radioactive contamination control
11am: Observation & surveillance solutions for nuclear sites
2pm: Handling secured and high-precision systems
11am: Emergency solutions for environmental radiation monitoring
2pm: Jules Horowitz reactor core
WORKSHOPS - Workshop 2 room:
2018/06/26 - 2pm: Advanced manufacturing of complex nuclear systems
2018/06/28 - 12:30pm: SaphyRAD E, new innovative contamination monitor
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180622005185/en/
- Bertin Technologies website: http://www.bertin-technologies.com
- Continuing Its Collaboration with ITER Organization, CNIM is Designing and Manufacturing High-Precision Handling Equipment to Assemble Components of the Future Fusion Reactor
- CNIM Is to Equip the French Navy with 14 New Standard Amphibious Landing Craft (EDA-S)
- Energy Observer Vessel Fitted with Oceanwings® Wingsails, the Solution Devised by VPLP and CNIM to Decarbonize Maritime Transport
- The LCA and LCX, CNIM’S New Amphibious Crafts, Increase the Operational Capabilities of Motherships
- CNIM Will Be Presenting Its Naval Equipment for Surface Vessels and Submarines at Euronaval 2018