ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-8255A/B Series, a 3- to 5-serial Cell Battery Monitoring IC
June 22, 2018 11:30 KST
CHIBA, JAPAN--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 22, 2018 -- ABLIC Inc. (hereinafter “ABLIC”), a semiconductor manufacturer, launched the S-8255A/B Series, a monitoring IC for 3- to 5-serial cell batteries.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180620005443/en/
The new product, the S-8255A/B Series has the following features. (1) In addition to common overcharge and overdischarge protection functionalities, it also provides temperature protection to enable configuration of circuits offering even greater safety. (2) A power-saving function prevents dark current from causing loss of battery pack capacity during shipping. (3) An overcharge detection voltage accuracy of ±20mV and a low power consumption of 19uA max. despite high performance place it among the top performers in the industry.
The switching pins can be used to extend protection to 3, 4 or 5 serial cells. The cascade function of the S-8255A Series allows you to configure protection circuits comprising six or more cells to accommodate a wide variety of applications.
1. Temperature protection function that monitors four types of temperatures
2. Power-saving function eliminates depletion caused by dark current
3. The accuracy of overcharge detection voltage is ±20mV; power consumption is 19μA max. despite high performance
Power tools, cordless vacuum cleaners, robot vacuum cleaners, drones, ESSs, UPSs, industrial devices, etc.
[Data sheet URL]
Inheriting the semiconductor business of Seiko Instruments Inc., ABLIC Inc. is an IC manufacturer pursuing the further development of analog semiconductors.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180620005443/en/
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-19192 Series, a 3-serial to 6-serial Cell Battery Monitoring IC for Automotive Use
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-1318 Series Compact LDO Regulator with World's Top Class Low Current Consumption of 95nA!
- ABLIC Inc., The World's First (*1) “ZCL (*2) Hall IC” That Will Bring Innovation to the Development and Manufacture of Brushless DC Motors
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-19630AB, a Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier for Automotive Use with a Wide Operation Voltage Range
- ABLIC Inc. Launches the S-85M0A Series of Ultra-High Efficiency Step-Down Switching Regulators in the Industry's Most Compact(*) Size
Share this News Release