Transformative Tech Unveiled at CES Asia 2018 on Opening Day
Day one featured keynotes from industry pioneers, product launches, showcases in 5G connectivity, AI, augmented/virtual reality, vehicle tech and more
June 14, 2018 14:00 KST
SHANGHAI--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 14, 2018 -- CES Asia® 2018 opened today, with more than 500 global companies introducing transformative innovation, including the latest in 5G, artificial intelligence (AI), augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR), vehicle tech and more. Opening day of Asia’s premier tech event featured keynotes from the leaders of Hisense, Huawei and BYTON, and major product announcements designed for the dynamic Asian marketplace. One of Asia’s fastest growing tradeshows, CES Asia 2018 runs through June 15 in Shanghai, China.
Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, kicked off the day with a keynote address. “We’re proud to bring the entire tech ecosystem together this week in Shanghai to focus on the future of tech,” said Shapiro. “The innovations on the show floor create disruption, but also provide solutions. Self-driving vehicles can stop fatalities; AI is making us safer and healthier and drones are helping in disaster relief.” He continued, “CES Asia focuses on what unites us rather than on what divides us.”
Following Shapiro’s remarks, Hisense Chairman Zhou Houjian and General Manager Yu Zhitao explored the future of display technology explaining how Hisense is creating a full-field view search interactive function, opening a new era of television image interaction. Zhou also touted its new AI technology developed specifically for the World Cup, which will provide an individualized, interactive experience for sports fans across the world.
Huawei, President, Handset Product Line, Mr. Kevin Ho, took the keynote stage in the afternoon to introduce its vision for a new image era in mobile technology, including its cutting-edge lens technology, 5G internet capability and the advanced GPU Turbo processor. Ho also launched Huawei’s “Next Image Awards,” competition.
CES Asia 2018’s first day ended with BYTON President & Co-Founder Dr. Daniel Kirchert and Henrik Wenders, vice president of Marketing, using the keynote stage to share the company’s vision of the future of self-driving cars. The session also marked the global reveal of BYTON’s K-Byte Concept car, which will transform the auto industry in the age of smart mobility.
The buzz around tech breakthroughs expanded beyond the keynote stage. In his 2018 Tech Trends to Watch presentation, Steve Koenig, vice president, CTA, predicted how leading trends, including AI, voice computing, robotics, self-driving vehicles, smart devices and more will impact our lives and offer unprecedented opportunities. CTA’s Market Research Director, Lesley Rohrbaugh, also tackled the future of smart cities and how they are evolving throughout Asia with a specific focus on China, Japan and South Korea.
Pre-show and opening day of CES Asia featured a wide array of dynamic press events, with exciting product and partnership announcements coming from CES Asia exhibitors, aimed at improving the user experience and bettering lives:
· BYTON launched its second concept car, the Byton K-Byte, designed for the age of self-driving and in-vehicle entertainment
· Cadillac presented the Super Cruise, the first hands-free driving system for the highway
· Honda announced the Honda Xcelerator project, which aims to cooperate with innovative enterprises worldwide
· Kia announced its Boundless for all vision, which aims to provide customers with broader solutions and reinforce its concept of “Mobility-ACE”
· Leapmotor Technology announced a strategic partnership with the Amap and Teld. Amap will provide support to Leapmotor inhardware, software, and big data, while Teld and Leapmotor Technology will jointly build 80 million charging stations in China
· The Mercedes-Benz - MBUX, user experience system based on artificial intelligence technology, as well as high-resolution Digital Light system with more than two million light sources. With its new vision of urban mobility, the smart vision EQ fortwo was on display with the Concept EQ, showcasing intelligent, electric mobility concept
· Mitsubishi offered attendees the unique opportunity to experience three of its innovative offerings, including EMIRAI4, Electrification and xAuto
· SENSEPLAY FPV Car Series took the number one slot in Last Gadget Standing, presented by Living in Digital Times
The CES Asia 2018 conference program tackles technologies ranging from 5Gconnectivity to blockchain and runs through Friday, June 15 at the Shanghai New International Exhibition Centre (SNIEC) and Kerry Hotel. For the latest news, photos, b-roll and more, visit CESAsia.com.
Owned and produced by International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. and co-produced by Shanghai Intex, CES Asia 2018 concludes June 15, in Shanghai, China. The premier event for the consumer technology industry in Asia, CES Asia showcases major brands and innovative companies across several vertical markets in the Asian marketplace.
About CES Asia:
Owned and produced by the International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. and co-produced by Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd (Shanghai Intex), CES Asia is the premier event for the consumer technology industry, showcasing the full breadth and depth of the innovation value-chain in the Asian marketplace. Key global businesses come to this new event to grow and reinforce their brand by showcasing the latest products and technologies to consumer tech industry executives, foreign buyers, international media and a limited number of consumers from China. Attendees have exclusive access to some of the largest brands from China and around the world, while celebrating the innovation that defines the consumer technology sector.
About International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. and CTA:
International CES (Shanghai) Exhibition Co. Ltd. is a wholly foreign-owned enterprise by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), a trade association representing the $351 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 15 million U.S. jobs. More than 2,200 companies - 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands - enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CTA also owns and produces CES® - the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
About Shanghai Intex:
Shanghai Intex Exhibition Co., Ltd was originally the exhibition organizing business of Shanghai Intex, a pioneering exhibition organizer established in 1995. Shanghai Intex is jointly overseen by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) Shanghai and PNO Exhibition Investment (Dubai) Limited. Starting in 1998, Shanghai Intex has organized over 100 trade shows and conferences with a sum total exhibition space in excess of 2 million sqm. Shanghai Intex is comprised of professional teams with a wealth of experience in organizing major international events, covering the creative industry, healthcare, lifestyle, advanced manufacturing and consumer electronics.
· CES Asia 2018 - Register (http://bit.ly/2IbnmNX)
June 13-15, Shanghai, China
· CEO Summit
June 24-27, Barcelona, Spain
· CES Unveiled Amsterdam
September 27, Amsterdam, Netherlands
· Tech & Standard Fall Forum
October 1-5, Hollywood, CA
· CES Unveiled Paris
October 3, Paris, France
· Innovate Celebrate
October 15-17, Boston, MA
· CES Unveiled New York
November 8, New York, NY
· CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 6, 2019, Las Vegas, NV
· CES 2019
January 8-11, 2019, Las Vegas, NV
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180613005988/en/
- CES Asia: Innovation at the Speed of 5G
- Bustling Tech Innovation Continues at CES Asia 2018 Day Two
- Fourth Annual CES Asia Opens Tomorrow
- Visionaries to Pioneer the Future of Tech at CES Asia 2018
- Leaders from Lenovo and Panel Focused on China’s Startup Economy Complete CES Asia 2018 Keynote Lineup