Gemalto Launches Virtualized Network Encryption Platform to Help Customers Address Evolving Data Security Needs
New virtual appliance simplifies management and deployment while lowering cost of ownership to encrypt traffic across all network layers
June 06, 2018 14:55 KST
AMSTERDAM--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 06, 2018 -- Gemalto, the world leader in digital security, today announced the launch of a new virtualized network encryption platform, SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000 as part of its continued investment to address the rapidly changing data security needs of organizations worldwide.
(Gemalto will host a webinar entitled, “Network Encryption at the Flip of a Switch: Implementing Virtualized Network Encryption to Secure SD-WANs”, on June 21st at 3 p.m. Central European Time. Click here to register.)
Today, enterprises and service providers are increasingly using network functions virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN) technologies to design, deploy and manage their networks and cloud-based services. These software-based technologies give organizations cost and operational benefits because they move network functions from dedicated network encryption hardware appliances to virtual servers. However, these technologies can also present additional security challenges for protecting sensitive data that runs across these networks because of their virtualized architecture.
Leveraging the proven security and performance of the hardware-based SafeNet High Speed Encryptor family, the SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000 is a hardened virtual security appliance designed to secure data in motion across both software-defined wide area networks (SD-WAN) and traditional networks. Developed by Gemalto’s high speed encryption partner, Senetas (ASX:SEN), the SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000 can encrypt data in motion at data-rates up to 5 Gbps.
“More and more organizations are embracing the advantages of virtualized networks to deliver cost-effective scalability, flexibility and network management to the network edge. Consequently, network services require trusted virtualized encryption for optimum data security,” said Todd Moore, senior vice president of Encryption Products at Gemalto. “Gemalto’s launch of a virtualized network encryption platform redefines network data security by providing the crypto-agility required to ensure sensitive data and transmissions remain secure, regardless of network design.”
Transforming the network encryption market, SafeNet High Speed Encryptors are the first to offer Transport Independent Mode, which enables organizations to encrypt data across mixed high speed WAN links (Layers 2, 3 and 4). Organizations can now be assured that they are getting the best performance and secure encryption, regardless of the network layer. This feature is currently available for the SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000, and will be available for the hardware-based SafeNet High Speed Encryptors later this year.
“As organizations increasingly embrace cloud-based applications and their use of multiple network types from Ethernet to MPLS, Senetas and Gemalto are ahead of the curve in providing seamless concurrent multi-layer network traffic encryption to ensure the best in network security and performance available today,” said Andrew Wilson, CEO of Senetas.
Key Features and Benefits of the SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000 include:
· Virtualized Network Functionality reduces dependence on dedicated network encryption hardware appliances for both enterprises and network operators.
· Reduced Cost of Ownership makes the SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000 up to 10 times more affordable than hardware-based appliances.
· Rapid Deployment and Scalability enables organizations to spin up a virtual machine to protect data across the network rather than having to physically deploy hardware at each end point.
· Crypto-Agile Encryption Across All Network Layers with Transport Independent Mode, providing the ability to encrypt traffic across Layers 2, 3 and 4 with optimized performance and robust encryption, including support for custom algorithms.
· Combined Encryption Key Management option, integrates with SafeNet KeySecure for enhanced key lifecycle management.
· Product Brief: SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000
· Video: SafeNet High Speed Encryptors
· Webinar: Gemalto will host a webinar entitled, “Network Encryption at the Flip of a Switch: Implementing Virtualized Network Encryption to Secure SD-WANs“, on June 21st at 3pm Central European Time. Click here (http://bit.ly/2kSpIaM) to register.
Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the global leader in digital security, with 2017 annual revenues of €3 billion and customers in over 180 countries. We bring trust to an increasingly connected world.
From secure software to biometrics and encryption, our technologies and services enable businesses and governments to authenticate identities and protect data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Gemalto’s solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. We authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software - enabling our clients to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
Our 15,000 employees operate out of 114 offices, 40 personalization and data centers, and 35 research and software development centers located in 47 countries.
For more information visit www.gemalto.com, or follow @gemalto on Twitter.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180605005121/en/
- SafeNet Virtual Encryptor CV1000: http://bit.ly/2kSpwZ6
- Gemalto Full Year 2018 Results
- Gemalto to Produce Secure and Innovative Healthcare Cards for Quebec
- Almost Half of Companies Still Can’t Detect IoT Device Breaches, Reveals Gemalto Study
- Gemalto Helps Simplify and Secure IoT Connectivity to the AT&T Network with All-in-One eSIM and IoT Module
- Gemalto Advances Global IoT Connectivity with LPWA Module Platform Based on Latest Qualcomm LTE IoT Solution