RSA® Conference 2017 Asia Pacific & Japan: Taking Cybersecurity Beyond Borders
August 01, 2017 16:55 KST
SINGAPORE--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) August 01, 2017 -- RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conference and exhibition, concluded its fifth annual RSA Conference 2017 Asia Pacific & Japan (RSA Conference APJ) with a resounding success today.
The premier cybersecurity event, held at Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center, attracted more than 6,500 registrations over three days. Attendees had the valuable opportunity to engage with more than 100 speakers across 79 sessions, keynotes, and tutorials, as they dove into dedicated tracks such as Cloud, Mobile, and IoT Security; eFraud & Law Enforcement; Global Perspectives; Security Strategy & Data Security; and Threats and Threat Actors. More importantly, 2017 marked the fifth anniversary of RSA Conference APJ and the first time the conference dedicated an entire track on governments’ role in cybersecurity: Policy, Government & Regulations.
“In recent months, we’ve seen more governments taking a pivotal role in shaping the cybersecurity landscape across Asia Pacific & Japan. We recognize the importance of providing a platform for cybersecurity professionals to have conversations on how existing and upcoming government policies will impact the state of security in countries and mold cybersecurity strategies of private enterprises,” said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager, RSA Conference. “The large turnout serves as a strong indicator that organizations are taking bolder steps towards their cybersecurity strategies.”
Focusing on the increased role of the public sector in cybersecurity across Asia and in endorsement of the newly introduced Policy, Government & Regulation track, RSA Conference 2017 APJ was honored to have representatives from the Australian government grace the event as keynote speakers. The Honorable Dan Tehan M.P., Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Cyber Security in Australia delivered an insightful keynote, “Cyber-Boom: Capitalizing on the Cybersecurity Dividend”, which dived into the importance of investing in cybersecurity to keep Asia-Pacific countries safe from cybercrime and drive economic growth in the region. Minister Tehan emphasized the importance of partnerships across the region and with business, as well as investing in our people and their ideas to ensure the region becomes world leading in cyber security.
Dr. Tobias Feakin, Australian Ambassador for Cyber Affairs, who leads the country’s international cyber engagement to advance and protect Australia’s national interest, also emphasized the need to bridge the gap between the public and private sectors in the fight against cybercrime. The ambassador shared that “governments cannot address the opportunities and challenges of cyberspace alone. The Internet is fundamental to the private sector, civil society and consumers, all of who must coordinate closely to reap the benefits offered by emerging digital technologies” during his keynote speech on day two of the conference.
The three days of RSA® Conference APJ 2017 also saw other key highlights, including:
· A keynote by Rohit Ghai, President of RSA, who rallied organizations to take on a more precise and personal approach to cybersecurity as a means to strengthen cyber resilience.
· A unique perspective from Formula One legend Jacques Villeneuve and industry executive Mark Gallagher into how seamless performance and risk-management on the race track is closely intertwined in a connected environment of speed, high technology and data management.
· A timely and interactive deep-dive into today’s cybersecurity hot topic at the Ransomware Seminar, which gave attendees a multi-faceted perspective into the threat ecosystem.
· The DevOps Connect seminar, held for the first time in APJ, presented the emerging community of practitioners with an invaluable opportunity to discuss the intersection of security and DevOps.
· A fully functioning Security Operations Center (SOC) experience, powered by the RSA NetWitness Suite and Cisco Security, offering event attendees the valuable opportunity to discover what real-time traffic monitoring looks like.
RSA Conference APJ also featured 110 sponsors and exhibitors across the Exhibition floor. Participating companies—such as BAE Systems, CenturyLink, IBM, M.Tech, PWC, Qualys, RSA and Symantec—demonstrated their latest cybersecurity innovations.
Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager, RSA Conference
In recent months, we’ve seen more governments taking a pivotal role in shaping the cybersecurity landscape across Asia Pacific & Japan. We recognize the importance of providing a platform for cybersecurity professionals to have conversations on how existing and upcoming government policies will impact the state of security in countries and mold cybersecurity strategies of private enterprises. The large turnout serves as a strong indicator that organizations are taking a bolder step toward their cybersecurity strategies.
RSA® Conference 2017 Abu Dhabi will take place from 7 to 8 November 2017 at the Emirates Palace Hotel.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premiere series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC, Dell EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be trademarks of their respective owners. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170730005027/en/
- RSA Conference 2017 Abu Dhabi Champions Growth of Regional Cyber Security Agenda
- Global Experts Take the Stage at RSA® Conference 2017 Abu Dhabi Seizing the Power of Opportunity
- Five Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss RSA® Conference 2017 Asia Pacific & Japan
- RSA® Conference 2016 Asia Pacific & Japan Concludes with Resounding Success
- RSA Conference 2016 Asia Pacific & Japan Unveils Critical Insights to Address Regional Cybersecurity Issues