ABB to Propose KPMG as External Auditor from 2018
May 22, 2017 14:50 KST
ZURICH--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) May 22, 2017 -- ABB announced today that its Board intends to appoint KPMG as its external auditor effective for the financial year 2018. This decision was taken following a year-long comprehensive external auditor tender process initiated in 2016 in line with international good governance practices. The proposal is subject to shareholder approval at ABB’s 2018 Annual General Meeting.
Ernst & Young has been ABB’s sole external auditors since 2001 and ABB’s Board would like to thank the firm and its auditors for their contribution and dedication over the years. Ernst & Young will audit ABB for fiscal year 2017 as approved at ABB’s recent Annual General Meeting.
ABB looks forward to a constructive and professional relationship with KPMG in the future.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a more than 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees. www.abb.com
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170521005087/en/
- ABB and Kawasaki Create World’s First Common Interface for Collaborative Robots
- NITI Aayog and ABB India Partner to Make India AI-Ready
- ABB and the Economist Launch Automation Readiness Index, Global Ranking for Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Country Leaders Inspired by ABB’s Breakthrough E-Mobility Technologies
- ABB Showcases World-Leading e-Vehicle Fast Chargers and Launches AI Readiness Index at Hannover