South Korean Intellectual Property Trial and Appeal Board Upholds Validity of 3M Korean Patent
3M Patent Protects Stacked Prism Film Products
28 Feb 2017, 19:20 KST
ST. PAUL, MINN. & SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA--(Business Wire/Korea Newswire) 28 February, 2017 -- The Intellectual Property Trial and Appeal Board (“IPTAB”) in Daejeon, South Korea, recently upheld the validity of all claims of 3M’s Korean Patent No. 1,074,570 titled "Method for Stacking Surface Structured Optical Films.”
LMS Co. Ltd. had petitioned the IPTAB to invalidate 3M’s patent in response to a patent infringement lawsuit that 3M Innovative Properties Co. and 3M Korea Ltd. filed against LMS on June 19, 2015, in the Seoul Central District Court.
3M’s patent infringement lawsuit alleges that certain LMS light management film package products, including a light management film package product sold under the product name of “XLAS,” infringe 3M’s patent.
3M’s microreplicated stacked prism films, including 3M Advanced Structured Optical Composites (ASOC), are integrated into LCD displays. The prism films direct light to enable a thinner and more energy-efficient electronic display.
3M is committed to vigorously protecting its intellectual property and investments in optical film technologies.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170227006236/en/
All releases from 3M
- 3M Reinvents Reflective Material for Activewear with Carbon Black Technology
- South Korean Intellectual Property Trial and Appeal Board Upholds Validity of 3M Korean Patent
- Nobel Laureate Visits 3M’s Dubai Innovation Center to Promote Science, Creativity and Invention
- 3M Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit in Korea to Protect Stacked Prism Film Products
- 3M Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit to Protect Optically Clear Adhesive Products
Share this News Release
- 4,000media outlets
- 230industry fields