FUSIONSIGHT®: BERTIN Launches the World-First Digital Night Vision Device Providing Smart Fusion for Threat and Target Accurate Detection
June 10, 2016 13:40 KST
MONTIGNY-LE-BRETONNEUX, FRANCE--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) June 10, 2016 -- BERTIN, a brand of CNIM Group, is pleased to present its new FusionSight® Night Vision Device during Eurosatory 2016, held from June 13 to 17 in Paris, France. Developed in partnership with PHOTONIS, FusionSight® is the world-first compact monocular that combines a colour low light sensor with a thermal image sensor. When combined, these sensors enhance situational awareness and provide users with the option of using a thermal image, colour optical image or a fused thermal and full colour image, that can also be recorded.
Infantry commanders and special forces require reliable and easy-to-use devices that are highly efficient in the field during night operations, when facing hidden or camouflaged enemies. FusionSight® assists by drastically enhancing the detection, recognition and identification (DRI) capability, making it a key device for Police and Homeland Security to quickly investigate or for long-term surveillance.
Even under limited visibility and low light conditions, FusionSight® provides substantial visual support for search and rescue missions, locating missing persons and casualties. The combined view of thermal and colour imaging is especially critical in urban environments or structures that provide little ambient light and have multiple barriers behind which a potential threat can conceal themselves.
FusionSight®’s assets include:
· All-in-one device with 3 viewing modes: color low light, thermal and smart fusion
· Night & day threat & camouflage detection (ranging up to 3 km)
· Ergonomic design inspired by user’s needs
· Image recording & HD video output for proof collection
Project partner PHOTONIS provided their Kameleon Colour Image Sensor for the FusionSight®. The sensor uses a Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) similar to mobile phones, which in itself, cannot distinguish colours. To identify colour, a patented innovation allows two raw images and a reconstruction algorithm to reproduce the final image in colour, in real time.
The FusionSight® project is part of a Night Vision Technology Innovation alliance, between BERTIN, PHOTONIS and OPTSYS., in line with the decision by the French Direction Générale de l’Armement (DGA - French M.O.D.) and Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES) to support the French Optronics industry and to define a joint R&D roadmap.
· Watch the FusionSight® trailer
· Press conference - Eurosatory, June, 14th, 12:20pm, “Conf 10” - Hall 6 - Paris
· Night Vision Technology & Innovation LinkedIn group
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160608006146/en/
- An Innovative Multi-Probe Military Radiation Meter for Harsh Environment and Emergency Situations: SaphyRAD MS (EX-DOM 420)
- Bertin and Zymo Research Announce New Collaboration
- Cryolys® Evolution: Embedded Cooling Module Designed for the Precellys® Evolution Homogenizer
- BERTIN Launches the Latest AlphaGUARD Radon Gas Measurement Solution
- InCellis: The New Age of Cell Imaging by BERTIN
Share this News Release