Samsung Electronics to Provide New Document Imaging Software Through Strategic Partnership with Nuance Communications
Partnership enables Samsung to sell and distribute print management, automatic document store and printing optimization software
March 21, 2016 13:11 KST
SEOUL--(Korea Newswire) March 21, 2016 -- Samsung Electronics today announced that it provides three new software packages related to document imaging solutions through the company’s partnership with Nuance Communications.
The strategic partnership with Nuance, first announced in September 2015, enables Samsung to sell and distribute document imaging solutions within its printing business, including:
· Equitrac—both Office and Express—is a print management software solution that allows businesses to print what they need regardless of location, routing the documents to nearby printing devices through a pull-printing system. Equitrac also reduces IT complexities by removing dependencies on print servers, print drivers and complex print fleets.
· AutoStore is an electronic document capture solution that automatically recognizes and stores various types of user documents, including PDF files and information captured from multifunction printers (MFP), smartphones, copiers and scanners.
· SafeCom helps consolidate and standardize different types of printing jobs without installing additional print drivers. It can also reduce printing budgets by restricting printer access to only authenticated users.
“Samsung is quickly and consistently bringing innovative products to market,” said Chris Strammiello, Vice President of Nuance Communications. “It is a strategic decision for Nuance to partner with Samsung, the future leader of the printing industry.”
“Samsung is continuing to expand cooperation with the world’s leading vendors to develop software offering specialized and customized solutions to improve workflow,” said David SW Song, Senior Vice President of Printing Solutions Business at Samsung Electronics. “B2B customers will be able to purchase solutions and services optimized for their business directly with Samsung printing devices.”
Nuance Communication is the world’s leading output solution company. According to a 2015 report by IDC, the company is the largest imaging software vendor in the document/MFP space, with more than 58 percent market share. It has built a relationship with Samsung by providing voice recognition capabilities that ship across a range of Samsung devices.
Corporate Communications Teams
All releases from Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Introduces New Gear VR with Controller
- Samsung Opens Up a New World of Gaming with Its First-Ever Gaming Notebook, the Samsung Notebook Odyssey
- Samsung Strengthens Innovative Wearables with Enhanced Under Armour Fitness Apps
- Samsung to Acquire Viv, the Next Generation Artificial Intelligence Platform
- Samsung Expands Smartwatch Portfolio with Gear S3
Share this News Release
Corporate Communications Teams
- 4,000media outlets
- 230industry fields