Samsung and Oracle Providing the Engine for Enterprises to Mobilize their Business in the Cloud
February 19, 2016 08:14 KST
SEOUL--(Korea Newswire) February 19, 2016 -- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and Oracle are now making it easier for enterprises to embrace today’s modern work setting and take their business to the cloud. The two innovation leaders are working together to give developers and solution providers the advanced tools to create and deliver mobile apps and enterprise solutions. The collaborative effort lets professionals gain a new level of mobile functionality for ultimate engagement and productivity.
Samsung and Oracle are working closely with select systems integrators to help customers across all industries leverage their existing legacy systems and take advantage of the benefits of mobile and cloud, modernizing their IT infrastructure, empowering users and realizing greater cost efficiencies. The companies are also working together on an expanded set of Apache Cordova plug-ins and code samples to help customers modernize their enterprise applications with rich mobile user experiences. This brings together the industry-leading strength of each company - Oracle’s exceptional enterprise software and Mobile Cloud solutions and Samsung’s elite device features.
“In today’s mobile environment, it is critical that businesses deploy a mobile-first strategy to maintain success and accomplish growth,” said Young Kim, Vice President, Enterprise Business Team at Samsung Electronics. “Samsung and Oracle are not only helping customers through mobility but also enabling developers and solution providers to create next generation mobile applications and services that are driving a new frontier of productivity.”
“With the combination of Oracle Mobile Cloud Service and Samsung’s industry-defining device capabilities, we are continuing to advance and simplify enterprise mobility, bringing enterprises to a new level of performance,” said Sri Ramanathan, Group Vice President, Oracle.
Delivering Mobile Solutions
Auraplayer, a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and Samsung Enterprise Alliance partner, has developed a number of solutions that mobilize Oracle Forms applications leveraging Samsung devices, Oracle Infrastructure offerings and Oracle Mobile Cloud Service. The collaboration has allowed for rapid development of solutions for customers like Jubilee Life Insurance that address critical business needs.
"Working with the support of Samsung and Oracle has helped to accelerate demonstration and implementation of full mobile solutions for our customers,” said Mia Urman, CEO, Auraplayer. “The unique additions that are found in Samsung hardware also helped us create differentiated end user experiences that can be built in a matter of weeks by using Oracle Mobile Cloud Service with AuraPlayer‘s Oracle Forms REST API’s.”
Samsung and Oracle have worked with a number of systems integrators to foster creation of innovative mobile and Internet of Things enterprise solutions. A number of these will be showcased at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, such as:
- HCL Technologies’ predictive maintenance solution built for and powered by Samsung Gear S2, the Oracle IoT Cloud Service and the Oracle Service Cloud. The solution derives intelligence from data to help enterprises effectively drive down the cost of high value asset maintenance.
- Sofbang’s contracts management solution developed to allow comprehensive management and approval of contracts through rich notifications on Samsung Gear S wearables. All data is secured by Samsung’s robust KNOX mobile security platform.
- L&T Infotech's smart service solution demonstrates the power of the Oracle IoT Cloud Service harnessed by Samsung tablets, smartphones and wearables to help increase asset operating life, decrease downtime and ensure proactive maintenance.
Enabling Mobile Developers
Examples of mobile enterprise solutions that leverage the Oracle Mobile Cloud Service will also be on display at Mobile World Congress, including industry-specific solutions from both Oracle and Samsung. Samsung will be located at Booth 6A30 in Hall 6, with Oracle at Booth 3B20 in Hall 3.
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies that redefine the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space with the open platform SmartThings, our broad range of smart devices, and through proactive cross-industry collaboration. We employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, and for the latest news, feature articles and press material, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com
Corporate Communications Team
- Samsung Introduces New Gear VR with Controller
- Samsung Opens Up a New World of Gaming with Its First-Ever Gaming Notebook, the Samsung Notebook Odyssey
- Samsung Strengthens Innovative Wearables with Enhanced Under Armour Fitness Apps
- Samsung to Acquire Viv, the Next Generation Artificial Intelligence Platform
- Samsung Expands Smartwatch Portfolio with Gear S3
Share this News Release
Corporate Communications Team