Tigo’s Selective Deployment Offers String Optimization for as Low as $0.02/watt
September 11, 2015 18:35 KST
LOS GATOS, CALIF.--(Business Wire/Korea Newswire) September 11, 2015 -- Tigo, the smart module market leader, today announced Selective Deployment -- an unprecedented capability to selectively deploy different MLPE functionalities on different PV modules in one string. Selective deployment is a standard feature in the Company’s new dynamic TS4 platform.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150910006472/en/
The TS4 platform utilizes two key components that are compatible with any PV module: a base that is integrated into the module, and five separate detachable covers housing varied levels of MLPE functionalities. With Tigo’s radical evolution of the JBox, customers can mix and match TS4 covers according to their ideal budget and system requirements. The TS4 platform offers the never-before-seen option to selectively deploy the exact functionality needed to maximize system performance, all while guaranteeing the lowest cost with the greatest ROI.
Horacio Duhart, CEO of Exel Solar, the largest PV wholesaler in Mexico, commented on Tigo’s selective deployment feature: “We are aware of competing products, but once we saw the revolutionary selective deployment feature of Tigo’s TS4 platform we knew that Tigo is the next big thing. The Tigo TS4 platform makes possible the use of different MLPE functionalities at different price points in one PV system. We utilized this feature in a recent project that is exceeding our expectations and making us proud to offer our customers a product we know first-hand will deliver the reliability and bankability it promises.”
In a custom designed PV installation, Exel Solar has selectively deployed three different TS4 covers, including TS4-M (Monitoring), TS4-O (Optimization), and TS4-L (Long Strings).
The five TS4 covers offered by Tigo today include; Diodes, Safety, Monitoring, Optimization, and Long Strings as described in more detail below:
· TS4-D (Diode): Most reliable standard JBox dissipating heat away from the module, minimizing the hot spots
· TS4-M (Monitoring): Remotely collects in 2 second increments: voltage, current, temperature, manufacturer name, module type, date manufactured, barcode, and much more available wirelessly via module-level communication - lowers operations and maintenance (O&M) costs considerably
· TS4-S (Safety): Rapid shutdown compliant via module-level deactivation, supports anti-theft and revenue protection functionality (includes Monitoring capabilities)
· TS4-O (Optimization): Addresses shade, module mismatch, system level mismatch mitigation, increases energy density, and age tolerance for the absolute maximum energy harvesting (includes Monitoring and Safety capabilities)
· TS4-L (Long Strings): Increases string length by up to 30% via voltage control mechanism of each module (includes Monitoring, Safety, and Optimization capabilities)
If a PV system requires only two of 14 modules to be optimized due to shading, customers can choose today to place optimization capabilities on those two modules, without the costly obligation to optimize the other twelve on the string. Tigo’s revolutionary selective deployment feature, eliminates the customer’s requirement to deploy identical optimizers on all modules on a string. PV system designers can now choose any mix of covers for the easiest design and optimal cost for maximum energy harvest of their system.
“Every customer’s and every project’s needs are unique. With selective deployment, we are proud to offer each customer the design flexibility and freedom to choose functionality as the PV system requires,” said Zvi Alon, Chairman and CEO of Tigo.
About Tigo Energy
Tigo Energy is the market leader in smart module technology for the solar industry. The Silicon Valley Company utilizes a patented technology to increase energy production, simplify design and installation, improve fire safety, and ensure the highest uptime and reliability with cloud-based monitoring. Tigo’s modular TS4 platform can be selectively deployed with different functionalities per module at different price points utilizing predictive IV (PIV) technology to maximize energy harvest at minimal cost. Tigo’s integrated solution is the first and most successful smart module solution in the industry. Tigo is online at www.tigoenergy.com
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150910006472/en/
Tigo Energy Inc.
1-408-402-0802, Ext. #430
All releases from Tigo Energy, Inc.
- Tigo Launches Next Generation SMART App: Lay Out, Configure, Commission, and Monitor PV Systems in 5 Minutes on a Mobile Phone
- Tigo Targets High Power 700W PV Modules with Launch of New TS4 Duo
- Tigo & SMA Join Forces to Bring a Rapid Shutdown Solution to Market Supporting SunSpec Specifications
- Tigo Internationally Recognized As Only MLPE Vendor With Certified Rapid Shutdown Solution For PV Module Manufacturers
- Tigo’s Selective Deployment Offers String Optimization for as Low as $0.02/watt
Share this News Release
Tigo Energy Inc.
1-408-402-0802, Ext. #430
- 4,000media outlets
- 230industry fields