Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport: The Only U.S. Airport Offering All Expedited Customs Clearance Programs for International Travelers
September 17, 2014 14:00 KST
DFW AIRPORT, TEXAS--(Business Wire / Korea Newswire) September 17, 2014 -- Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) has emerged as the only airport in the United States (U.S.) that offers all expedited Customs clearance programs for international travelers, making it the easiest and most efficient airport to clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
The clearance programs implemented at DFW include:
· CBP’s Global Entry Trusted Traveler Program: Gives pre-approved travelers the ability to bypass the traditional passport lines and skip paper Customs declaration forms when re-entering the country through DFW.
· Automated Passport Control (APC) for U.S. and Canadian Citizens: Allows returning U.S. and Canadian citizens to enter their passport information on a touch screen, print it out, and take it to a Customs agent.
· Automated Passport Control (APC) for non-U.S. citizens entering the U.S. from 38 Visa Waiver countries and for Lawful Permanent Residents (citizens holding “green cards”).
· Carry E-Z© lines: Allows customers traveling with only carry-on bags to clear the CBP arrivals area in one step at a kiosk, rather than having to wait in another line for luggage checks.
“Approximately 70 percent of DFW’s international travelers automatically process through security, waiting an average of less than 14 minutes,” said Sean Donohue, chief executive officer at DFW Airport. “Working in partnership with the CBP, we have shortened wait times by 40 percent, while still experiencing an 8.46 percent increase in overall passenger traffic. We are proud to be the only U.S. airport that offers all of these programs, and it is a huge milestone in our effort to become the preeminent global hub for passengers around the world.”
Navigating the world’s third largest airport just got even easier with the unveiling of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App V2 for Apple and Android smartphones and tablets. The app offers DFW customers clear, consistent and flier-friendly functionality throughout their entire travel experience.
About Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
Celebrating its 40th Anniversary in 2014, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the world's third busiest, hosting 1,850 flights a day and serving more than 60 million customers a year. Located halfway between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport provides nonstop service to 147 domestic and 55 international destinations. For more information, visit www.dfwairport.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20140915006302/en/
Claire Bloxom Armstrong
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Launches New Brand Aligned With International Growth and Greater Focus on Customers
Share this News Release
Claire Bloxom Armstrong