GMAC(R) Helps Students Find the Right Business School
Online School Finder Features Data on Nearly 6,000 Programs Worldwide
December 06, 2013 14:10 KST
RESTON, VA--(Korea Newswire) December 06, 2013 -- Prospective business and management students around the world are able to find updated information on nearly 6,000 programs in the new School Finder on the Official Site of the GMAT® Exam, mba.com. The site, which draws nearly half a million visitors per month, is the authoritative global destination for the GMAT exam and graduate management education. It is run by the Graduate Management Admission Council®, the non-profit association of leading business schools that conducts the Graduate Management Admission Test® exam used in admissions by more than 2,100 schools in 90 countries.
“Making the decision to go to business school or take a graduate management degree is probably one of the most important investment decisions any student will make,” said GMAC President Sangeet Chowfla. “What prospective students need is reliable information that helps them better understand the relative merits of the schools they are exploring and the best match for their skills and career aspirations. This reduces the risk of making the wrong decision and increases the probability of an experience that is a good fit for the student. With more people worldwide turning to the internet to research any topic, GMAC has developed mba.com and School Finder to provide information and support for prospective business students throughout the process.”
The School Finder includes nearly 6,000 programs, with enhanced profiles of at least 1,700 programs with detailed data compiled by GMAC that can be compared side by side. New functions allow users to find and compare schools and track ones they're interested in. They can save selected programs to refer back to throughout the school research and application process. The School Finder is the marquee feature of a completely redesigned website, which offers a new look and expanded features, including:
· Detailed advice for registering and taking the GMAT exam, the standardized test used by business and management programs all over the world.
· Easy, step-by-step guidance for studying for the GMAT exam, finding schools, and applying for and enrolling in business and management programs.
· Dozens of video clips featuring current students, admissions professionals, and others offering perspective and advice.
· Information about upcoming admissions and recruiting events, as well as application and scholarship deadlines.
· A globalized platform that tailors content by region, presenting customized content depending on where you access it.
· Easier accessibility from a variety of devices.
“The Official Site of the GMAT Exam gives credible, accurate, and timely information and we will continue to upgrade the Website and its features to make the site even more useful and easier to use,” said David Moldavsky, GMAC vice president, marketing and communications. “It's part of our ongoing mission to connect students and schools and grow management education around the world.”
About GMAC: The Graduate Management Admission Council (gmac.com) is a nonprofit education organization of leading graduate business schools and owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT exam), used by 6,000 graduate business and management programs worldwide. GMAC is based in Reston, Virginia, and has regional offices in London, New Delhi and Hong Kong. The GMAT exam -- the only standardized test designed expressly for graduate business and management programs worldwide -- is continuously available at more than 590 test centers in 112 countries. More information about the GMAT exam is available at the Official Site of the GMAT exam, mba.com. For more information about GMAC, please visit gmac.com/newscenter.
All releases from Graduate Management Admission Council
- Hot Jobs for 2014 Business School Grads
- Graduate Management Admission Council Appoints Bob J. Alig Executive Vice President
- More Employers Plan to Hire MBAs and Other Business School Graduates
- Asian Institute of Management Named Latest Member of Graduate Management Admission Council
- GMAC(R) Helps Students Find the Right Business School
Share this News Release
- 4,000media outlets
- 230industry fields