Teledyne DALSA Introduces Icon(TM)-New User Programmable Camera Series for OEMs
November 08, 2011 10:37 KST
WATERLOO, ONTARIO--(Korea Newswire) November 08, 2011 -- Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies company and a global leader in machine vision technology, announced today its new Icon™ user programmable camera series for embedded image processing applications. This camera series combines Teledyne DALSA's expertise in sensors, cameras and image processing with off-the-shelf development tools and libraries.
Teledyne DALSA's Icon series features high quality, high sensitivity sensors and supports resolutions from VGA to 1600 in color and monochrome formats. It gives vision system developers unprecedented power and flexibility to develop their own embedded imaging applications with the Embedded Sapera™ Vision SDK, a suite of embedded image acquisition, processing, analysis and control libraries using conventional programming languages like C/C++. The Embedded Sapera Vision SDK package also features CamExpert - a field proven camera setup tool - as well as system configuration tools, making it easier to configure, develop, debug, and deploy vision applications.
“The Icon camera series offers OEMs an embedded processing platform with a solid roadmap, field proven image processing software, familiar development tools and Teledyne DALSA's camera design expertise,” said Inder Kohli, Teledyne DALSA Product Manager. “All of this is offered in a compact, robust and efficient design for autonomous operations.”
Key Features and Benefits
- Available in resolutions of 640x480 to 1600x1200 in monochrome and color formats
- Bundled as part of the Embedded Sapera Vision SDK, Embedded Sapera Processing features highly optimized image processing primitives, Barcode, OCR, blob analysis, area and geometric search and calibration tools
- Prelicensed to run the entire suite of Embedded Sapera Processing
- Designed for standalone operations and to carry out necessary actions with the help of onboard general purpose I/O
- Communicates with external devices, like PLC, using either Ethernet or RS232 ports
- Incorporates non-volatile memory to store user applications and can be configured to run on power up without any assistance from a PC
- Features optically isolated inputs and outputs for reliable operations
- Available in C and CS-mount versions
Hardware Platform Advantages
In order to process and analyze images deterministically, the Icon camera series features a 1GHz ARM Cortex™-A8 and C64x+™ DSP processor and Microsoft® Windows CE™ real-time operating system. All this combined with low power consumption and a small footprint make the Icon camera series an ideal embedded processing platform.
Software Platform Advantages
Users can develop embedded applications for the Icon camera series using familiar off-the-shelf development tools like Microsoft Visual Studio® targeting Microsoft Windows CE. The Icon camera series offers an open platform to develop embedded applications using either Embedded Sapera Processing or third party image processing libraries.
Camera Details & Availability
The Icon camera series will be available in Q4 2011. For more detailed information on product specifications and availability, visit the Icon camera series page on the Teledyne DALSA website or contact your Teledyne DALSA regional sales representative. For a downloadable image of the camera, please visit Teledyne DALSA's online media kit.
About Teledyne DALSA's Machine Vision Products and Services
Teledyne DALSA is a world leader in the design, manufacture and deployment of digital imaging components for the machine vision market. Teledyne DALSA image sensors, cameras, smart cameras, frame grabbers, software, and vision solutions are used in thousands of automated inspection systems around the world and across multiple industries including semiconductor, solar cell, flat panel display, electronics, automotive, medical, packaging and general manufacturing. For more information, please visit www.teledynedalsa.com/mv.
About Teledyne DALSA, Inc.
Teledyne DALSA, a Teledyne Technologies company, is an international leader in high performance digital imaging and semiconductors with approximately 1,000 employees worldwide, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1980, the company designs, develops, manufactures and markets digital imaging products and solutions, in addition to providing MEMS products and services. For more information, please visit www.teledynedalsa.com.
All trademarks are registered by their respective companies. Teledyne DALSA reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
All releases from Teledyne DALSA
- Teledyne DALSA Unveils New Possibility Hub
- New Linea(TM) CMOS Line Scan Cameras Deliver Performance and Value
- Teledyne DALSA Launches Electrostatic Actuator IC for Pico-Projector, 3D-scanning and HUD Systems
- Teledyne DALSA Announces Electrostatic Actuator IC for MEMS Micro-Mirror Systems
- Teledyne DALSA Introduces Fastest 5M GigE Vision(R) Camera in the Industry
Share this News Release
- 4,000media outlets
- 230industry fields